"Edge of Honor"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Fred Goodwin, CMA, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. Has anyone seen Corey Feldman's "Edge of Honor" (1991)? Here's the
    link to IMDB:

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0101797/

    The movie is very violent, with scenes that are not suitable for
    children (the movie is rated "R" due to violence and language; there
    is no sex).

    W/o giving away the plot, suffice it to say the movie is about a bunch
    of boys ("Northwest Wilderness Explorers") who stumble upon some
    stolen weapons hidden in a shack in the woods of the Olympic peninsula
    in Washington. The movie follows the boys as they try to escape from
    the bad guys, and how they finally deal with them, with a little help
    from an unexpected source.

    The uniforms look a lot like Boy Scouts, but I don't think the term
    "Boy Scouts" is ever actually applied to the boys (or the larger group
    they are camping with). The boys do eventually use some of the
    pioneering skills they learned in "Explorers".

    I don't think BSA supported the movie in any official way, but I note
    that the production company was called "Merit Badge Productions".
    Does anyone know if Corey Feldman was a Scout?
    Fred Goodwin, CMA, Jul 10, 2007

  2. Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:

    > Has anyone seen Corey Feldman's "Edge of Honor" (1991)? Here's the
    > link to IMDB:
    >
    > http://imdb.com/title/tt0101797/
    >
    > The movie is very violent, with scenes that are not suitable for
    > children (the movie is rated "R" due to violence and language; there
    > is no sex).
    >
    > I don't think BSA supported the movie in any official way, but I note
    > that the production company was called "Merit Badge Productions".

    Accdg. to IMDB, it was working titled "Scout's Honor", but looks like
    some organization wanted their name removed from the movie--
    Which they can, since it's still a registered trademark owned by an
    organization that can regulate its use.

    (You can see it in TV sitcoms, too--
    A character can be referred to as a "boy scout" in lower-case letters,
    but if a kid should show up mentioning a specifically regulated uniform
    or membership, it's always for some fictitious club that can't demand a
    fee...)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Jul 10, 2007

  3. Fred Goodwin, CMA

    Jim Beaver Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone seen Corey Feldman's "Edge of Honor" (1991)? Here's the
    >> link to IMDB:
    >>
    >> http://imdb.com/title/tt0101797/
    >>
    >> The movie is very violent, with scenes that are not suitable for
    >> children (the movie is rated "R" due to violence and language; there
    >> is no sex).
    >>
    >> I don't think BSA supported the movie in any official way, but I note
    >> that the production company was called "Merit Badge Productions".

    > Accdg. to IMDB, it was working titled "Scout's Honor", but looks like some
    > organization wanted their name removed from the movie--
    > Which they can, since it's still a registered trademark owned by an
    > organization that can regulate its use.

    That's exactly what happened. My wife cast the movie. (I got turned down
    for a part, but then, so did Leonardo DiCaprio, so I'm in good company.)

    Jim Beaver
    Jim Beaver, Jul 12, 2007
  4. In rec.arts.movies.past-films Jim Beaver <> wrote:

    : That's exactly what happened. My wife cast the movie. (I got turned down
    : for a part, but then, so did Leonardo DiCaprio, so I'm in good company.)
    ^^^

    You misspelled "he's." Hope this helps!

    -----
    Richard Schultz
    -----
    The gardener plants an evergreen whilst trampling on a flower. . .
    Richard Schultz, Jul 12, 2007
  5. Fred Goodwin, CMA

    Bill's News Guest

    "Richard Schultz" <> wrote in message
    > In rec.arts.movies.past-films Jim Beaver
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > : That's exactly what happened. My wife cast the movie. (I
    > got turned down
    > : for a part, but then, so did Leonardo DiCaprio, so I'm in
    > good company.)
    > ^^^
    >
    > You misspelled "he's." Hope this helps!

    That's very witty and complimentary, but since your ^^^ didn't
    line up here, it took me far too long to figure out what you
    meant. After all, how many ways could one misspell he's? OK,
    so I'm dyslexic and a retard. Also, I couldn't possibly post
    without a spell checker lest both retardation and dyslexia be
    apparent;-)

    Any way, mice one!
    Bill's News, Jul 18, 2007