    Does anyone have both versions (the one that streeted Tuesday and the original
    recall version) and can indeed confirm there are changes to the bonus features?
    Thanks in advance.

    ZachClash, Oct 15, 2004

  2. ZachClash

    Bill Guest

    The (hopefully) official release date is this coming Tuesday, October 19th,
    according to Amazon.com.

    Bill, Oct 15, 2004

  3. ZachClash

    Ed Kim Guest

    ZachClash wrote:
    > So Ed Wood has finally *officially* been released on DVD.
    >
    > Does anyone have both versions (the one that streeted Tuesday and the

    original
    > recall version) and can indeed confirm there are changes to the bonus

    features?
    > Thanks in advance.

    i thot Ed Wood was releasing next week.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Oct 15, 2004
  4. "ZachClash" <> wrote in message
    > So Ed Wood has finally *officially* been released on DVD.
    >
    > Does anyone have both versions (the one that streeted Tuesday and the
    > original recall version) and can indeed confirm there are changes to
    > the bonus features? Thanks in advance.

    The 3rd _Ed Wood_ DVD is scheduled for release on Tuesday, October 19,
    2004.

    There were 2 recalled DVD versions of _Ed Wood_. The 1st DVD, scheduled
    for August 2, 2002 was cancelled (rumor is that around 50 copies got
    out.) A video store manager friend of mine says that one of his
    customers brought this extremely-rare 1st DVD to his store and it
    appeared to be exactly the same as the February 3, 2004 disc. (I don't
    know if the covers matched.) I have the 2nd non-official DVD version of
    _Ed Wood_ that was sort of semi-released on February 3, 2004.

    When or if _Ed Wood_ is actually released on October 19, 2004, you can
    look for the 9min 25sec featurette, "When Carol Met Larry", in the Bonus
    Material. (This bonus featurette is not listed on the February 3, 2004
    box.) Based on the information contained in the Video Business article,
    I am guessing that this featurette was the cause of the delay. On the
    bright side, it looks like a censored _Ed Wood_ DVD will actually get
    released next Tuesday, because any recall or cancellation order from
    Buena Vista would have already been given.

    Here is the Video Business article:

    *** *** ***

    AUG. 27 | After two delays, Buena Vista Home Entertainment has slated
    the Ed Wood Special Edition DVD for an Oct. 19 release, but it'll have
    one less bonus feature than originally planned.

    A cross-dressing retrospective was cut from the original lineup at the
    request of director Tim Burton, sources said.

    The 1994 movie stars Johnny Depp as the legendary '50s director who was
    hailed as the worst director of all time and dressed in angora sweaters.
    Among the movies he helmed was the science-fiction flick Plan 9 From
    Outer Space.

    The special edition was first scheduled for release in 2002. Then, the
    DVD was duplicated earlier this year and shipped to some stores for a
    Feb. 3 release, but BVHE pulled it days before because Burton hadn't
    signed off on the special edition.

    Copies that made it out were immediately posted on eBay, where they were
    selling for as much as $150. The October release (prebook Sept. 7)
    carries a $29.99 suggested retail price.

    Even without the cross-dressing feature, the new special edition is
    packed with bonus features. Those include a commentary with Burton,
    actor Martin Landau and filmmakers; an on-set tour hosted by actor
    Johnny Depp; five deleted scenes including a rendition of Que Sera Sera
    by Bill Murray; a music video; and featurettes with composers and
    designers.

    http://www.videobusiness.com/article.asp?articleID=8560&catType=NEWS

    Another undocumented Bonus Material feature is the Easter Egg which was
    in the February 3, 2004 sort of semi-released DVD. I am interested in
    knowing whether or not this bonus feature will make it to the 3rd DVD
    version of _Ed Wood_ which is re-scheduled for release on October 19,
    2004:

    In a 2-minute scene, Ed Wood (in his angora sweater) and Bela Lugosi
    are sitting in Wood's office (with posters of _Citizen Kane_ and
    _Dracula_ on the wall). They decide that the only part that will make
    Lugosi a big hit is Dracula, but unfortunately, Universal controls all
    of the rights to Dracula.

    From the Main Menu, go to Bonus Material.

    Highlight the Right Arrow at the bottom of the screen and press Enter to
    go to the second page.

    Highlight "Deleted Scenes."

    Press Enter.

    Highlight "Que Sera Sera."

    Press the right arrow key on your remote twice and the lightning bolt on
    the upper right side of the screen will light up.

    Press enter to watch the Easter Egg.

    One-Shot Scot, Oct 15, 2004
  5. ZachClash

    ZachClash Guest

    Ah, the release date is indeed the 19th - I guess I got a little mixed up,
    since I already saw it on the shelf at the Borders near me.

    ZachClash, Oct 15, 2004
  6. ZachClash

    James Evans Guest

    On 15 Oct 2004 07:23:08 -0700, "Ed Kim" <> wrote:

    >i thot Ed Wood was releasing next week.

    pull the string!!! pull the string!!!
    I can't wait

    James Evans, Oct 18, 2004