    for those with the region free players, the recent recalled Ed wood disc,
    apparently was released in Hong Kong as a region 3 disc

    diabolikdvd.com is selling it now

    mazinz, Feb 26, 2004

  2. mazinz

    David Z Guest

    Its also available in Region 2 (UK) and Region 4 (Australia).

    David Z, Feb 26, 2004

  3. mazinz

    Richard C. Guest

    Do those have all the extras and Easter eggs that are on the Region 1
    version?

    The differences might give us a clue about the recall.
    ===================
    "David Z" <> wrote in message
    : Its also available in Region 2 (UK) and Region 4 (Australia).
    :
    : "mazinz" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > for those with the region free players, the recent recalled Ed wood
    disc,
    : > apparently was released in Hong Kong as a region 3 disc
    : >

    Richard C., Feb 26, 2004
  4. mazinz

    mazinz Guest

    as far as i was aware they are the same with extras, but i cannot verify about
    the easter eggs

    mazinz, Feb 26, 2004
  5. mazinz

    Haans Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    > Do those have all the extras and Easter eggs that are on the Region 1
    > version?
    >
    > The differences might give us a clue about the recall.
    > ===================
    > "David Z" <> wrote in message
    > : Its also available in Region 2 (UK) and Region 4 (Australia).
    > :
    > : "mazinz" <> wrote in message
    > : news:...
    > : > for those with the region free players, the recent recalled Ed wood
    > disc,
    > : > apparently was released in Hong Kong as a region 3 disc
    > : >
    > : > diabolikdvd.com is selling it now
    > :
    > :

    It appears the only difference between the R1 and the R2/4 are deleted
    scenes, and maybe easter eggs.
    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film_results_page.php?fid=3194

    The R3 is released in Korea, not Hong Kong. Can't say diabolikdvd.com
    impress me with their price though. Koreandvds sell it $10 cheaper. And they
    come highly recommended :)
    http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=7956

    Cheers,
    Hans Kristian

    Haans, Feb 26, 2004
  6. mazinz

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    <<Do those have all the extras and Easter eggs that are on the Region
    1version?>>

    <<The differences might give us a clue about the recall.>>

    Easter Eggs? So far, I have only heard about the one which produces the
    extra deleted scene.

    What is/are the other one(s)?

    Scot Gardner, Feb 27, 2004
  7. mazinz

    Bill Guest

    > Easter Eggs? So far, I have only heard about the one which produces the
    > extra deleted scene.
    >
    > What is/are the other one(s)?

    I transferred the R1 disc to my hard drive using DVD Shrink and scanned
    through each file, trying to see if there was anything else that was hidden.
    Outside of a warning that's displayed if a DVD player's parental control
    feature is enabled, I couldn't find anything. The only egg appears to be the
    Dr. Acula deleted scene.

    Bill, Feb 28, 2004
  8. mazinz

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > > Easter Eggs? So far, I have only heard about the one which produces

    the
    > > extra deleted scene.
    > >
    > > What is/are the other one(s)?

    <<I transferred the R1 disc to my hard drive using DVD Shrink and
    scanned through each file, trying to see if there was anything else that
    was hidden. Outside of a warning that's displayed if a DVD player's
    parental control feature is enabled, I couldn't find anything. The only
    egg appears to be the Dr. Acula deleted scene.>>

    Thanks, I thought that I had missed one.

    Scot Gardner, Feb 29, 2004