Ed Wood RECALL? Does ANYONE TRULY KNOW WHY???

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by reg@dwight.com, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Guest

    , Jan 29, 2004

  2. Dunf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    Yeah, Sir Elton John shoved it up David Furnish's ass during heavy sex.

    Dunf, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Scot Gardner Guest

    <> wrote in message

    Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:

    "And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
    from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
    3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
    long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
    certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
    Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
    thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
    film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
    later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
    announced" schedule yet again."

    The way things are going, _Star Wars_ Episodes 4-6 will be on DVD before
    _Ed Wood_.

    http://www.davisdvd.com/news/bg9.html

    Scot Gardner, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Mike7883uk Guest

    >Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:
    >
    >"And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
    >from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
    >3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
    >long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
    >certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
    >Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
    >thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
    >film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
    >later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
    >announced" schedule yet again."
    >
    >The way things are going, _Star Wars_ Episodes 4-6 will be on DVD before
    >_Ed Wood_.
    >
    >http://www.davisdvd.com/news/bg9.html

    I'd say thats a good theory, due to the amount of studio DVD tie-in's these
    days. I wouldnt be surprised to see it coincide with The Big Fish release. I
    certainly wouldnt buy it off ebay for $75. If anyone really can't wait, just
    order the R2 for under $10.

    Mike.

    Mike7883uk, Jan 31, 2004
  5. It doesn't make that much since. Usually, older movies associated in
    some way with a hot current one are put on DVD when the current one is
    in theaters.

    I guess if they thought they could ballyhoo Ec Wood better along with
    King Fish and have TV advertising for both it could be a good reason.
    but why not just put the damn thing out on time and then tie in with
    King Fish.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Nikko Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message

    > Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:
    >
    > "And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
    > from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
    > 3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
    > long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
    > certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
    > Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
    > thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
    > film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
    > later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
    > announced" schedule yet again."

    Not sure that makes sense. Big Fish is a Columbia-Tristar film, not a
    Disney release. Not sure how they would go about piggy-backing on the Big
    Fish marketing campaign.

    Nikko, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Mike7883uk Guest

    >Not sure that makes sense. Big Fish is a Columbia-Tristar film, not a
    >Disney release. Not sure how they would go about piggy-backing on the Big
    >Fish marketing campaign.

    It means that they can coincide the publicity off Big Fish, eg.. Tim Burton
    director of Oscar Winning/Nominated..., thus hoping people who wont know Ed
    Wood might be inclined to buy it off of the Big Fish coat tales. Doesnt have to
    be of the same company. Just a simple studio way of trying to bump up sales.
    Aimed not at the die hards who have been waiting, but Joe Public who don't know
    jack about Burton films.

    Mike

    Mike7883uk, Feb 4, 2004