Ed Wood: Plenty on Ebay.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Scot Gardner, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    Scot Gardner, Jan 30, 2004

  2. >Recalled or not, there are over 100 _Ed Wood_ DVDs for sale on eBay,=20
    >at prices ranging from $30 to $100:

    Funny thing is, many of them bear identical price tags.... and even a mildly
    savvy DVD shopper can easily identify the chain that uses these stickers.

    I took one look at the photos for the first ED WOOD R1 posted for auction on
    ebay last weekend and knew right away which store I needed to investigate...
    and, lo and behold, I scored!

    Makes me wonder if the creeps at Disney are devious enough to follow-up and
    pursue some sort of stree-date-violator sanction against these store(s). Surely
    they too can also tell which chain is responsible for the most "Ed Wood"
    leakage (so to speak), simply by looking at the incriminating price tags
    clearly visible in the many photos on ebay.

    Further, since numerous Ed Wood auctions have been placed by the same seller,
    it figures that most of these DVDs were snagged in bulk by enterprising store
    employees, which would bode even more poorly for the chain, should Disney opt
    to impose penalties.

    I bought two copies. One for me, and it plays perfectly. The other one is for
    sale. I'm asking $50 flat, which includes first class bubble-wrapped shipment.
    Any takers?
    Stroke of Eight, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Stroke of Eight" <> wrote in message
    >Recalled or not, there are over 100 _Ed Wood_ DVDs for sale on eBay,=20
    >at prices ranging from $30 to $100:

    <<Funny thing is, many of them bear identical price tags.... and even a
    mildly savvy DVD shopper can easily identify the chain that uses these
    stickers.>>

    <<I took one look at the photos for the first ED WOOD R1 posted for
    auction on ebay last weekend and knew right away which store I needed to
    investigate... and, lo and behold, I scored!>>

    <<Makes me wonder if the creeps at Disney are devious enough to
    follow-up and pursue some sort of stree-date-violator sanction against
    these store(s). Surely they too can also tell which chain is responsible
    for the most "Ed Wood" leakage (so to speak), simply by looking at the
    incriminating price tags clearly visible in the many photos on ebay.>>

    <<Further, since numerous Ed Wood auctions have been placed by the same
    seller, it figures that most of these DVDs were snagged in bulk by
    enterprising store employees, which would bode even more poorly for the
    chain, should Disney opt to impose penalties.>>

    <<I bought two copies. One for me, and it plays perfectly. The other one
    is for sale. I'm asking $50 flat, which includes first class
    bubble-wrapped shipment. Any takers?>>

    I too can plainly see the general look of the store price stickers on
    some of the DVDs. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any of these
    stores, so I am unable to make a positive identification.

    The previous release date for _Ed Wood_ was 8/2/02, so if history
    repeats itself, this leaked title will be "postponed" for another 16
    months.
    Scot Gardner, Jan 30, 2004
  4. >I too can plainly see the general look of the store price stickers on
    >some of the DVDs. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any of these
    >stores, so I am unable to make a positive identification.

    Check your local FYE or Coconuts, and while you're at it, check out Sam Goody
    too. All three of these stores in my area use the same type of price tags
    visible in many of the Ed Wood DVDs currently up for auction on Ebay.
    Stroke of Eight, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Scot Gardner

    Jeffy3 Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message news:<20040130013816.391$>...
    > Here's a good one:
    >
    > Can you get in trouble for jumping the street date on a DVD that has
    > been recalled?
    >
    > Recalled or not, there are over 100 Ed Wood DVDs for sale on eBay,
    > at prices ranging from $30 to $100:

    Man, what a world. One of them has been bid up to $75.00. I know
    there's a certain psychology here at work (it's hard to get so I have
    to have one!) but come on now, it's a movie on dvd. If it's
    postponed another 16 months I think we can all find something else to
    watch in the meantime! Some people have too much money to spend.
    Jeffy3, Jan 30, 2004
  6. On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:40:53 -0800, "Scot Gardner"
    <> wrote:

    >Recalled or not, there are over 100 _Ed Wood_ DVDs for sale on eBay,
    >at prices ranging from $30 to $100:

    There was a time when I would bite. Now, I'll just wait for the
    inevitable release - at this rate, sometime in 2007 or so!
    Hitman of Las Vegas, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Your local Blockbuster may have one or two.
    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Scot Gardner

    Jeff Hansman Guest

    Seriously. As good as this movie is, and as good as the disc will likely be,
    I've learned to wait. I wanted Hud since the day I got my player (2001) and
    when it finally arrived, all I could do was smile. Long wait, but worth it.

    Jeff Hansman, Jan 31, 2004
  9. "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > Your local Blockbuster may have one or two.

    My survey indicates a 20% chance of scoring Ed Wood at Blockbuster. :) I
    checked 5 stores, got lucky at one. Weehoo.

    Greg
    Sweet Zombie Jesus, Jan 31, 2004