    PS. the casting of George "The Animal" Steele as Tor Johnson was
    *perfect*!!

    Richard in Boston, MA, USA
    Richard G Amirault, Feb 8, 2004

  2. >PS. the casting of George "The Animal" Steele as Tor Johnson was
    >*perfect*!!

    "Do my toes!"
    Stroke of Eight, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Richard G Amirault

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Richard G Amirault" <> wrote in message

    <<Reading about the lack of "efficiency" of the Blockbuster personell
    here on this newsgroup ... and after checking my local store on Wed or
    Thur last week .. I droped by today (Sunday) and YUP, there is was ..
    one copy sitting in alphabetical order in the New DVD section.>>

    <<So now it is sitting at home here. Hate to pay "retail" but better
    than eBay and who knows how long before it gets an official release.>>

    <<PS. the casting of George "The Animal" Steele as Tor Johnson was
    *perfect*!! Richard in Boston, MA, USA>>

    Well, it looks like that Blockbuster store didn't get the boxes unpacked
    until sometime Saturday night.

    To those who have become discouraged: Keep looking, there are probably
    still lots of Blockbusters that have or will soon have _Ed Wood_ on the
    shelves. It'll cost you $30 -- full retail -- though.

    PS. Check out the deleted scene "Dinner at the Johnson's." It's
    hilarious!
    Scot Gardner, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Richard G Amirault

    ThorCromer Guest

    Re: Ed Wood found @ Blockbuster [Boston]

    As another Boston native, I found it in the HMV in Downton Crossing on
    Tuesday. I did a quick roundabout on Tuesday in the downton area, Newbury
    Comics ("we didnt get it in") Border's ("it's been recalled'), Strawberries
    (ditto), Sam Goody ("we got 6 in, they're all reserved" as they sat
    temptingly in stack behind the counter) and finally HMV. They weren't on
    the shelf, and when I asked a clerk if they had any, he said "oh I saw them
    in the back, don't know why they're not out, let me go get you one". I
    smiled politely, paid my [ouch!] $30, and thanked him for the effort.

    ThorCromer, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Richard G Amirault

    Scott Blair Guest

    > PS. the casting of George "The Animal" Steele as Tor Johnson was
    > *perfect*!!
    >
    > Richard in Boston, MA, USA

    It woulda been better if he had played his role with a green tongue while he
    held his "mine" doll and ate turnbuckle pads........

    OK maybe not

    Scott
    Scott Blair, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Richard G Amirault

    Ray Guest

    Re: Ed Wood found @ Blockbuster [Boston]

    > temptingly in stack behind the counter) and finally HMV. They weren't on
    > the shelf, and when I asked a clerk if they had any, he said "oh I saw

    them
    > in the back, don't know why they're not out, let me go get you one". I
    > smiled politely, paid my [ouch!] $30, and thanked him for the effort.

    You should have bought all they had!!!

    Ray, Feb 9, 2004