ECS P4VXASD2 with a GeForce FX 5200 won't boot, Anyone help ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steve, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
    and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
    post and no video signal.

    I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.

    Agp is set down to 1X

    I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
    mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).

    Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.

    Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

    Anyone cast any light ?

    --
    Steve

    Steve, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Steve

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, in
    <At1pOYAQkSK$>
    Steve scrawled:

    >The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
    >and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
    >post and no video signal.
    >
    >I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
    >
    >Agp is set down to 1X
    >
    >I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
    >mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).
    >
    >Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
    >
    >Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Doesn't that give you a BIG clue?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    In message <>,
    paul s <> writes
    >On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >

    >> The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in and
    >> at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no post and
    >> no video signal.
    >>
    >> I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
    >>
    >> Agp is set down to 1X
    >>
    >> I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other mb's
    >> (old abit BH6, no problems).
    >>
    >> Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
    >>
    >> Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card
    >>
    >> Anyone cast any light ?

    >Yeh your new 'Geforce FX 5200' is fucked.

    AS I said above, 2 Geforce FX cards BOTH run fine in other systems...
    --
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    In message <>, °Mike°
    <> writes
    >On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:34:56 +0100, in
    > <At1pOYAQkSK$>
    > Steve scrawled:
    >

    >>The boards been running fine since Feb, Just put a Geforce FX 5200 in
    >>and at power on, nothing happen. The fans and drives spin up, but no
    >>post and no video signal.
    >>
    >>I've flashed to the newest bios ( 2020627), that's not helped.
    >>
    >>Agp is set down to 1X
    >>
    >>I've 2 of the cards, neither work in this mb, but both work in other
    >>mb's (old abit BH6, no problems).
    >>
    >>Boards been running a TNT 2 and Kyro 2.
    >>
    >>Board runs fine if I switch back to the old card

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >Doesn't that give you a BIG clue?

    Well, yes. The Geforce won't run in the board, but it the why I'm
    really after and if there's a fix.
    --
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Steve

    Jimchip Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:32:12 +0100, Steve wrote:

    > Much as I'm enjoying these philosophic musings, I can help thinking
    > that,
    > 1. It's getting just a little OT for the ng.
    > 2. It's not getting my son pc sorted out (which I think maybe a lost
    > cause at this point).
    >
    > maybe I should try alt.pointless.rambling ?

    You've been trading quips with a troll and did more than enough yourself
    to add to the 'pointless.rambling'.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    In message <>, Jimchip
    <> writes
    >On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:32:12 +0100, Steve wrote:
    >>
    >> Much as I'm enjoying these philosophic musings, I can help thinking
    >> that,
    >> 1. It's getting just a little OT for the ng.
    >> 2. It's not getting my son pc sorted out (which I think maybe a lost
    >> cause at this point).
    >>
    >> maybe I should try alt.pointless.rambling ?

    >You've been trading quips with a troll and did more than enough yourself
    >to add to the 'pointless.rambling'.

    What can I say, slow day, computer in bit. pee'ed off at self for not
    being able to fix the damn thing. It's not something I make a habit out
    of.
    --
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 1, 2003