    Has anyone read any reviews on the ECS L7VMM3 board with built-in CPU? A
    local store is selling two versions, one with a Duron "2300+" and
    another a "2800+".

    Shawn, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Shawn

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Shawn <> wrote in news::

    > Has anyone read any reviews on the ECS L7VMM3 board with built-in CPU? A
    > local store is selling two versions, one with a Duron "2300+" and
    > another a "2800+".

    Unless I missed something /really/ major, AMD does /NOT/ sell Durons with
    model ratings. The 2300+ is probably the new Duron 1.6 ghz. I have
    googled a ton and I can not find any information on a Duron 2300+, Duron
    2800+, or the ECS L7VMM3. I can find the ECS L7VMM2 and L7VMM2.1, as well
    as Duron 1.6 ghz, but none of the stuff you mention. The only "sales" I
    can find for a Duron 2300+ are ebay auctions and the like that advertise it
    as an "AMD Pro2300+", which seems like a complete lie to me.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > Unless I missed something /really/ major, AMD does /NOT/ sell Durons with
    > model ratings. The 2300+ is probably the new Duron 1.6 ghz. I have
    > googled a ton and I can not find any information on a Duron 2300+, Duron
    > 2800+, or the ECS L7VMM3. I can find the ECS L7VMM2 and L7VMM2.1, as well
    > as Duron 1.6 ghz, but none of the stuff you mention. The only "sales" I
    > can find for a Duron 2300+ are ebay auctions and the like that advertise it
    > as an "AMD Pro2300+", which seems like a complete lie to me.

    You can see the retail box of L7VMM3 here, which indeed states the "Pro2300+":
    http://www.vitalitycomputer.com/ecsl7.html

    I need a cheap new PC for emulation, and some people seem to have good
    experience with the board/CPU.

    Shawn

    Shawn, Jan 26, 2004