    Getting sick of being dicked around.

    Any info appreciated.

    Rider

    Rider, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Rider

    Richard Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
    > Getting sick of being dicked around.
    >
    > Any info appreciated.

    If you find a source of a cheap powerbrick with the 12v on the funny mini din
    plug I would love to know :)

    Richard, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Rider

    Not Dave Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
    <> growled these words from under a
    rock:

    >Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
    >Getting sick of being dicked around.
    >
    >Any info appreciated.

    Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
    the planet, IMHO.

    Not Dave, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Not Dave" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
    > <> growled these words from under a
    > rock:
    >
    >>Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
    >>Getting sick of being dicked around.
    >>
    >>Any info appreciated.
    >>

    > Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
    > the planet, IMHO.

    You're not wrong. I contacted them requesting price and availability on the
    DC jack that mounts to the laptops motherboard ... clients one is loose.

    First they say it might be under warranty and ask for thr serial number.
    Fine, seeing as there was a sticker under the battery with '5 Year
    Wartranty' on it. They come back with "don't know anything about a 5 year
    warranty sticker ... your laptop isn't under warranty'. Well its only a
    cheap part, so I wasn't fussed. So I ask if I can order the part. They tell
    me the laptop needs to be sent to them and they will repair it for $100 +
    Gst. I email them back explaining I have no problem repairing it if I can
    get the part, please let me know how much for the part and freight.

    $50 + Gst!!!!! For a motherboard mounted DC input jack. Its not even a
    special design. This should realistically be about $10 I reckon. Now they're
    telling me they're not sure if they can get the part ... after originally
    telling me they had them in stock.

    Arsholes!!!

    Rider, Oct 18, 2005
  5. Rider

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:01:45 +1300, "Rider"
    <> growled these words from under a
    rock:

    >"Not Dave" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
    >> <> growled these words from under a
    >> rock:
    >>
    >>>Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
    >>>Getting sick of being dicked around.
    >>>
    >>>Any info appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
    >> the planet, IMHO.

    >You're not wrong. I contacted them requesting price and availability on the
    >DC jack that mounts to the laptops motherboard ... clients one is loose.
    >
    >First they say it might be under warranty and ask for thr serial number.
    >Fine, seeing as there was a sticker under the battery with '5 Year
    >Wartranty' on it. They come back with "don't know anything about a 5 year
    >warranty sticker ... your laptop isn't under warranty'. Well its only a
    >cheap part, so I wasn't fussed. So I ask if I can order the part. They tell
    >me the laptop needs to be sent to them and they will repair it for $100 +
    >Gst. I email them back explaining I have no problem repairing it if I can
    >get the part, please let me know how much for the part and freight.
    >
    >$50 + Gst!!!!! For a motherboard mounted DC input jack. Its not even a
    >special design. This should realistically be about $10 I reckon. Now they're
    >telling me they're not sure if they can get the part ... after originally
    >telling me they had them in stock.
    >
    >Arsholes!!!

    Is that asian for "Arseholes"? LOL...

    You're not wrong, though, and this story really doesn't surprise me in
    the slightest. It is only one of a number of really crappy experiences
    I've heard from them. We've dumped them as a supplier, due to their
    really shitty service levels, combined with the extreme low quality of
    most of their products.

    I could tell you some pretty shocking horror stories about them, as
    I'm sure most people who deal with them could.

    Not Dave, Oct 19, 2005