    base. But it looks like it, too, is already becoming invisible: Microsoft is
    not going to provide a version of Internet Explorer 9 for XP
    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/there-will-never-be-an-ie-9-for-xp/170>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 17, 2010

  2. In message <i6usrs$dl9$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Windows XP still accounts for the vast majority of the Windows installed
    > base. But it looks like it, too, is already becoming invisible: Microsoft
    > is not going to provide a version of Internet Explorer 9 for XP
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/there-will-never-be-an-ie-9-for-xp/170>.

    Naturally diehard XP users are not impressed
    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/readers-have-spoken-no-ie9-on-xp-is-a-mistake-microsoft-will-regret/9738>.
    But how can they make their displeasure known to Microsoft, given that
    they’ve already ruled themselves out of giving the company more of their
    money?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 18, 2010

  3. In message <>, Crash McBash wrote:

    > If Windows users running XP or earlier stay on XP then this will itself
    > send a message to MS.

    I think Microsoft has already given up on most of the existing pool of XP
    users. So their rejection of IE9 as an excuse to upgrade says nothing new.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 21, 2010