    By the way, I am using Skype version 2.5.0.151

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Apr 27, 2007

  2. Alasdair

    Nick Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I signed up to Skype and find it works, generally, OK. However, when
    > I call a local landline number, the called party complains bitterly
    > that when she speaks to me, she gets a dreadful echo which is
    > distressing her.
    >
    > She says she can hear me perfectly clearly and I can hear her
    > perfectly clearly but I get no echo. I tried reducing my headset
    > volume in case the echo was caused by feedback but it made no
    > difference.
    >
    > Any sugggestions?
    >
    > By the way, I am using Skype version 2.5.0.151
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    This group is generally for VoIP related posts, Skype
    isn't VoIP.
    However, the latest version of Skype is 3.1.0.152,
    so try upgrading. Also, do you use a headset? This
    is recommended.
    And finally, don't call the lady using Skype.

    Nick, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Alasdair

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Nick wrote :

    > This group is generally for VoIP related posts, Skype
    > isn't VoIP.

    Not that I use Skype - however, what's /not/ VoIP about Skype?

    Skype isn't SIP or IAX etc. but it certainly carries Voice over IP....

    Jono, Apr 28, 2007
  4. Alasdair

    Torsten Mann Guest

    Alasdair wrote:
    > I signed up to Skype and find it works, generally, OK. However, when
    > I call a local landline number, the called party complains bitterly
    > that when she speaks to me, she gets a dreadful echo which is
    > distressing her.

    Hi,

    your headset might cause echo problem. I remember when I was using a BT
    hands free w/Gizmo the other party always did make same complaints: the
    voice wasn't crisp & clear at all and echo was best friend w/almost
    every call.
    Later on I changed to a hardware sip phone (C450IP) and my girlfriend
    swarms it sounds I'm right next to her - obviously in many cases it's
    the input device that matters.

    Just my observations::::::::

    Brgds, Torsten.

    Torsten Mann, Apr 28, 2007
  5. Alasdair

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > This group is generally for VoIP related posts, Skype
    > isn't VoIP.

    Yes it is.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 28, 2007
  6. Alasdair

    Jono Guest

    Torsten Mann brought next idea :
    > girlfriend swarms

    They sound interesting!

    Jono, Apr 28, 2007
  7. Alasdair

    Nick Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Torsten Mann brought next idea :
    > > girlfriend swarms

    > They sound interesting!

    He must have a good "input device".

    Nick, Apr 29, 2007
  8. Alasdair

    Torsten Mann Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Torsten Mann brought next idea :
    >> girlfriend swarms

    > They sound interesting!

    Not sure - in fact it should mean "she rhapsodizes overall quality of my
    voice" due to my new phone - to set this in context to previous posting.
    And don't joke around 'bout my input device ;-)

    Brgds, Torsten.

    Torsten Mann, Apr 29, 2007
  9. Alasdair

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    You could try calling an echo test number to see if their actually is an
    echo and what its nature is. (I would call a VoIP PSTN access gateway number
    then onward call a VoIP echo test - that way you can confirm if it is and
    the nature of the PSTN Skype access facility).

    Hope that helps.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, May 2, 2007