EBGP Neighbor limits (for you enterprise/ISP folks)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Hansang Bae, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Hansang Bae

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Can anyone tell me how many EBGP session they've seen running on Juniper
    (M10i) and Cisco 6500 boxes? It would be a simple setup. I'm thinking
    of 250 branches per box (two data center locations so 2X head end, each
    having the same 250 branches).

    The routes the branches need are 0/0 and a couple of /24s. I like the
    idea of using BGP because network layer reachability is so easy to
    manipulate.

    It will also be running IPSec. Just got done with 6500/VPN-SM and it
    handled it quite well. Juniper is next with ES-PICs.

    But for you service provider types, would you be concerned about having
    250 EBGP sessions (4, 5 routes per peer) running IPSec?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 24, 2004