Ebay VERMIN rates increasing....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, May 26, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Likely thanks to the sucky U.S. economy. Some Americans simply don't
    have any money, some are living in complete denial and trying to act
    as if they still did.

    I listed a $1600 camera for a friend. Auction ends. Then the buyer
    (sic) emails me and says he thought he was getting a tax refund, but
    he wasn't so he can't pay. So, sometime between the 11:00pm bid he
    entered, the end time of 11:00:26 of the auction and the 11:30pm time
    of his email, he got a call from the IRS telling him he wasn't getting
    his refund? The IRS sure does work late!

    Then another fellow renegs on a $32.00 adapter buy. $32!! Of course,
    an email replete with a completely silly pack of lies follows.

    Of course, no offer from either of the deadbeats to compensate for the
    listing cost, which Ebay does not refund in these cases.

    But there is nothing you can do about these sellers anymore! Ebay is
    in panic-mode over dropping revenue (though Paypal is doing very well)
    and will tolerate anything from sellers. One moron bidding on
    something (I found out) had 46 bid retractions on his record since
    March!! How does Ebay even allow someone to keep an account with a
    record like that?
    RichA, May 26, 2011

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 27, 5:02 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >Likely thanks to the sucky U.S. economy.  Some Americans simply don't
    > >have any money, some are living in complete denial and trying to act
    > >as if they still did.

    > >I listed a $1600 camera for a friend.  Auction ends.  Then the buyer
    > >(sic) emails me and says he thought he was getting a tax refund, but
    > >he wasn't so he can't pay.  So, sometime between the 11:00pm bid he
    > >entered, the end time of 11:00:26 of the auction and the 11:30pm time
    > >of his email, he got a call from the IRS telling him he wasn't getting
    > >his refund?  The IRS sure does work late!

    > >Then another fellow renegs on a $32.00 adapter buy.  $32!!  Of course,
    > >an email replete with a completely silly pack of lies follows.

    > >Of course, no offer from either of the deadbeats to compensate for the
    > >listing cost, which Ebay does not refund in these cases.

    > >But there is nothing you can do about these sellers anymore!

    > ITYM "buyers".
    >
    > >Ebay is in panic-mode over dropping revenue (though Paypal is doing verywell)
    > >and will tolerate anything from sellers.  One moron bidding on
    > >something (I found out) had 46 bid retractions on his record since
    > >March!!  How does Ebay even allow someone to keep an account with a
    > >record like that?

    > The problem with eBay is that it has earned a reputation as somewhere
    > to sell faulty, damaged or stolen items at high prices.  The sellers
    > are much more of a problem than the buyers.

    Funny there isn't a centralized database for serial numbers of stolen
    cameras. Seems like it would be a good idea.
    RichA, May 27, 2011

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On May 27, 1:44 pm, RichA <> wrote:
    > On May 27, 5:02 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >

    > > RichA <> wrote:
    > > >Likely thanks to the sucky U.S. economy.  Some Americans simply don't
    > > >have any money, some are living in complete denial and trying to act
    > > >as if they still did.

    > > >I listed a $1600 camera for a friend.  Auction ends.  Then the buyer
    > > >(sic) emails me and says he thought he was getting a tax refund, but
    > > >he wasn't so he can't pay.  So, sometime between the 11:00pm bid he
    > > >entered, the end time of 11:00:26 of the auction and the 11:30pm time
    > > >of his email, he got a call from the IRS telling him he wasn't getting
    > > >his refund?  The IRS sure does work late!

    > > >Then another fellow renegs on a $32.00 adapter buy.  $32!!  Of course,
    > > >an email replete with a completely silly pack of lies follows.

    > > >Of course, no offer from either of the deadbeats to compensate for the
    > > >listing cost, which Ebay does not refund in these cases.

    > > >But there is nothing you can do about these sellers anymore!

    > > ITYM "buyers".

    > > >Ebay is in panic-mode over dropping revenue (though Paypal is doing very well)
    > > >and will tolerate anything from sellers.  One moron bidding on
    > > >something (I found out) had 46 bid retractions on his record since
    > > >March!!  How does Ebay even allow someone to keep an account with a
    > > >record like that?

    > > The problem with eBay is that it has earned a reputation as somewhere
    > > to sell faulty, damaged or stolen items at high prices.  The sellers
    > > are much more of a problem than the buyers.

    > Funny there isn't a centralized database for serial numbers of stolen
    > cameras.  Seems like it would be a good idea.

    I agree and even better for computers as soon as they connected to the
    outside would
    they could send their serial numbers to check against a database.
    Of course there could be problems with privacy as to be useful you'd
    need to
    know where the computer was at that time.
    Re the recent Apple logging peoples location etc...
    Whisky-dave, May 27, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 27, 9:59 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > >Funny there isn't a centralized database for serial numbers of stolen
    > >cameras.  Seems like it would be a good idea.

    > Leica operated one for some years.

    Well, Ebay is getting worse. Out of six items offered, all sold, but
    three reneged on paying. All lied through their teeth (idiotically)
    and there is nothing that can be done with them.
    RichA, May 27, 2011
  5. In article <>,
    RichA says...

    >But there is nothing you can do about these sellers anymore! Ebay is
    >in panic-mode over dropping revenue (though Paypal is doing very well)
    >and will tolerate anything from sellers. One moron bidding on
    >something (I found out) had 46 bid retractions on his record since
    >March!! How does Ebay even allow someone to keep an account with a
    >record like that?

    I'm sorry this not-so-nice things happen to you. I'm not selling on eBay because
    the market in Europe is realy lame. And we also have those increases in costs -
    and we - the sellers don't get the options we want (e.g. to protect the minimal
    price - those <censored> removed this option in our website.

    It's good to let ebay know we won't pay 'm 8% costs + the extra expensive costs
    for paypal. Let's say that if you're unlucky you may end up with 12% costs or
    even more than that.

    No thanks - i'd rather sell nothing and just put it with the junk or give it
    away for free - than to donate my money to those management pricks at Ebay. If a
    company is noted on the stock exchange the profit is what drives everything - it
    must go up - and the customer, he's <censored>.
    anti-ebay-seller, Jun 2, 2011
  6. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    RichA wrote:

    > Likely thanks to the sucky U.S. economy. Some Americans simply don't
    > have any money, some are living in complete denial and trying to act
    > as if they still did.
    >
    > I listed a $1600 camera for a friend. Auction ends. Then the buyer
    > (sic) emails me and says he thought he was getting a tax refund, but
    > he wasn't so he can't pay. So, sometime between the 11:00pm bid he
    > entered, the end time of 11:00:26 of the auction and the 11:30pm time
    > of his email, he got a call from the IRS telling him he wasn't getting
    > his refund? The IRS sure does work late!
    >
    > Then another fellow renegs on a $32.00 adapter buy. $32!! Of course,
    > an email replete with a completely silly pack of lies follows.
    >
    > Of course, no offer from either of the deadbeats to compensate for the
    > listing cost, which Ebay does not refund in these cases.
    >
    > But there is nothing you can do about these sellers anymore! Ebay is
    > in panic-mode over dropping revenue (though Paypal is doing very well)
    > and will tolerate anything from sellers. One moron bidding on
    > something (I found out) had 46 bid retractions on his record since
    > March!! How does Ebay even allow someone to keep an account with a
    > record like that?

    I'm an American, approaching my tenth anniversary on eBay (i.e.,
    July 17, 2001) - strictly as a buyer - and have a feedback rating
    of 110 (100% positive).

    Hence, Cap'n Canuck, please stop your usual ad hominem attacks!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2011