    "Ted" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > http://301url.com/Samsung226BW

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Ted

    Protagonist Guest

    Re: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
    > making it 199 plus shipping.
    >

    > "Ted" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> http://301url.com/Samsung226BW

    Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
    JS
    Protagonist, Nov 3, 2007
  4. Ted

    rjn Guest

    Ted <> wrote:

    {usenet spam link deleted}
    Seller needs to read:
    <http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>

    Of the cross-posted groups, only tx.forsale (deleted for
    this reply) allows eBay spam.

    Looking at the listing, and trying to read despite the
    giant annoying fonts, I note:

    * Seller hostages feedback.
    * Never heard of sniping, apparently: "I reserve the
    right to cancel any bid from anyone who has 0
    Feedback or mostly negative Feedback and does
    not contact me before placing their bid."
    * Irresponsible seller: "All items listed are sold "as is".

    >From the Devil's Dictionary of eBay:

    as-is: Bid like you know it works.
    Complain like you knew it wouldn't.

    sealed: Seller owns shrink-wrap machine.

    factory-sealed: Seller pretends to be factory.

    These terms are always worth avoiding in eBay listings.
    The "as-is" in particular is entirely contradicted by
    the "This is brand new, A-stock merchandise...".

    --
    Regards, Bob Niland mailto:
    rjn, Nov 3, 2007
  5. Re: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

    "Protagonist" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
    >> making it 199 plus shipping.
    >>

    >> "Ted" <> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> http://301url.com/Samsung226BW
    >>>

    > Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
    > JS

    Sorry, no.

    I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
    mentioned earlier.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 3, 2007
  6. Ted

    Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > "Protagonist" <> wrote in message
    >> Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >>> That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
    >>> making it 199 plus shipping.
    >>>

    >>> "Ted" <> wrote in
    >>> message
    >>>>

    >> Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
    >> JS
    >>

    > Sorry, no.
    >
    > I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
    > mentioned earlier.

    Well, It's not there any more.
    Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
    JS
    Protagonist, Nov 3, 2007
  7. Re: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >>
    >> "Protagonist" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
    >>> JS
    >>>

    >> Sorry, no.
    >>
    >> I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
    >> mentioned earlier.

    > Well, It's not there any more.
    > Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
    > JS

    My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen better
    prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't checked,
    but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive product.
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 4, 2007
  8. Ted

    Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > "Protagonist" <> wrote in message
    >> Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Protagonist" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, no.
    >>>
    >>> I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
    >>> mentioned earlier.

    >> Well, It's not there any more.
    >> Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
    >> JS

    > My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen
    > better prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't
    > checked, but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive
    > product.

    That's true! For $240+ I see at anywhere online.
    Yes, Fry's some times have good sale prices.
    JS
    Protagonist, Nov 4, 2007
  9. Re: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

    >> My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen
    >> better prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't
    >> checked, but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive
    >> product.

    > That's true! For $240+ I see at anywhere online.
    > Yes, Fry's some times have good sale prices.
    > JS

    Fry's lists a 22" Wide Screen in my morning paper for $179 after the mail-in
    rebate. That's $209 in the store. 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response
    time. Seems like a nice monitor to me ...
    Jeff Strickland, Nov 4, 2007