    registered" message. Can anyone please offer some help? TIA.
    Art
    Replace deadspam with yahoo to reply.

    Art Renkes, May 7, 2004

  2. Art Renkes

    Trent SC Guest

    > I have a new ISP, but my eBay account still shows a very old email
    > address, making it impossible for me to ask a seller a question and
    > get a response. I've gone into eBay umpteen times trying to change my
    > email address with no success at all. eBay insists that it has my new
    > address, but it continues to display the old non-working one. I even
    > tried to re-register, but it responds with a "You are already
    > registered" message. Can anyone please offer some help? TIA.

    You may have an old cookie on your system which is wrongly identifying you.
    If you're using IE, click on Tools - Internet Options and clear your
    temporary internet files & cookies.

    HTH

    Trent SC, May 7, 2004

  3. Art Renkes

    Art Renkes Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 23:34:03 +0100, "Trent SC"
    <> wrote:

    >> I have a new ISP, but my eBay account still shows a very old email
    >> address, making it impossible for me to ask a seller a question and
    >> get a response. I've gone into eBay umpteen times trying to change my
    >> email address with no success at all. eBay insists that it has my new
    >> address, but it continues to display the old non-working one. I even
    >> tried to re-register, but it responds with a "You are already
    >> registered" message. Can anyone please offer some help? TIA.

    >You may have an old cookie on your system which is wrongly identifying you.
    >If you're using IE, click on Tools - Internet Options and clear your
    >temporary internet files & cookies.
    >
    >HTH

    Trent,
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately clearing the cookies did not
    change anything. When I try to change my email address, eBay still
    says "We already have a record of your new address" -- but they still
    show the old unworkable one. Any more ideas?

    Art Renkes, May 8, 2004