    Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
    make my choice would be great, thanks.
    Peter

    Peter, Oct 22, 2004

  2. I've bought bits and bats from America that way (wireless card for my
    laptop etc.) But nothing that expensive.
    I really don't see the difference between buying from the other side of
    the uk or shipping in from another country nowadays.

    Is it a company or a single person?
    If it's a company then do a general search on the net about it and see
    what it comes up with. If it's a single person u can always use google
    groups to search for the ebay user name. This should show u if any one
    has had any bad problems with them.
    All in all, my experiences have been good with this, fast shipping, well
    packaged and no stress.

    Trip

    Tripmonkey (UK), Oct 22, 2004

  3. Peter

    Toy Guest

    "Peter" <peter.gibson27@!!!just removethe obviousNOSPAM!!ntlworld.com> wrote
    in message news:eek:...
    > If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
    > to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. £890,
    > free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
    > deal is £739 + £39 delivery from USA = £778, saving of £112. Ad says
    > they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
    > use & 1 year warranty included.
    > Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
    > make my choice would be great, thanks.
    > Peter

    worth a gander

    http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/124901/8952496.html

    toy

    Toy, Oct 22, 2004
  4. I would ask a major US discount dealer, such as bhphotovideo.com or
    adorama.com, about their terms selling to England.

    I wouldn't expect any dealer to "reimburse any VAT/import fees." They'd
    have to lose money to do that.

    Michael A. Covington, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Peter

    Nick Beard Guest

    There are 3 good companies in the far east worth dealing with. DigitalRev,
    Digitalishop, and UR Galaxy
    Bought my D70 Kit from DigitalRev on E-bay and they refunded ALL costs of
    £37 which I payed to UPS.
    For £812 I got The D70 Kit, 512 CF card (Sandisk 40x), Extra genuine Nikon
    Battery 1400mAh, Small quality camera bag and a neat table top tripod. All i
    payed was £812.99 plus £38 shipping and that was it!!! Look out for the
    special "We pay the import/ vat" style of auction.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30020&item=3845914389&rd=1

    As I was happy with the service I plumped for the 70-200 VR zoom at £840 (uk
    list £1495 typical £1200) and recieved the same superb service. Ignor the
    skeptics and save your money. Buy from the far east!!

    Nick Beard, Oct 23, 2004
  6. Peter

    Nick Beard Guest

    Also this one is good:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30020&item=3846696447&rd=1

    Nick Beard, Oct 23, 2004
  7. Peter

    Gadgets Guest

    Some eBay sales are seconds - dead pixels and the like. Check your warranty
    conditions and get the seller to agree to a full refund if you return the
    camera within say a month...

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Oct 23, 2004
  8. Peter

    Peter Guest

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:51:19 GMT, "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus....com>
    wrote:

    >Some eBay sales are seconds - dead pixels and the like. Check your warranty
    >conditions and get the seller to agree to a full refund if you return the
    >camera within say a month...
    >
    >Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    >Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Many thanks for answering, if I decide to go the eBay route I'll
    follow up with my experience.

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 23, 2004