    Doug Forbes Guest

    you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which discriminmates
    against the poor.Comment?

    Doug Forbes, May 18, 2005

  2. Doug Forbes wrote:

    > you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which discriminmates
    > against the poor.Comment?

    eBay isn't a charity.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2005

  3. Doug Forbes

    Old Gringo Guest

    Doug Forbes wrote:
    > you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which discriminmates
    > against the poor.Comment?

    You can't buy a Dell without one either. :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, May 18, 2005
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 18, 2005
  5. Doug Forbes

    elaich Guest

    "Doug Forbes" <> wrote in

    > you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    > discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    Anubody can open a bank account and get a debit card.

    --
    "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
    want to know is - why not?"

    elaich, May 18, 2005
  6. "Doug Forbes" <> wrote in message
    > you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    > discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    You voted for Senator Ketchup, didn't you ;-)

    J.H. Holliday, May 18, 2005
  7. Doug Forbes

    MrGrumpy Guest

    so the poor have something to sell?

    MrGrumpy, May 18, 2005
  8. Doug Forbes wrote:
    > you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    > discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    OK. Bollocks. I sell on eBay and I don't have a credit card.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, May 18, 2005
  9. Doug Forbes

    Guest Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Doug Forbes wrote:
    >> you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    >> discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    > Comment: Look at number 2
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

    What, you actually expect Doug to read the help at eBay, or anywhere
    else, or for his software, too?

    Guest, May 18, 2005
  10. Doug Forbes

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Doug Forbes wrote:
    >> you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    >> discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    > Comment: Look at number 2
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

    And comment number one says credit OR DEBIT (emphasis added). I've never had
    a checking account in 30 years that didn't include a debit card.

    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Doug Forbes wrote:
    >>> you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    >>> discriminmates against the poor.Comment?

    >> Comment: Look at number 2
    >> http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

    > And comment number one says credit OR DEBIT (emphasis added). I've
    > never had a checking account in 30 years that didn't include a debit
    > card.

    Even if it didn't accept debit cards, eBay is a large enterprise that's
    involoved in international business, and there are some times that
    living out of that penny jar in the bedroom just doesn't cut it.

    <waiting for OP to whine because he doesn't have a debit card, either>

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2005
  12. Doug Forbes

    ellis_jay Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > "Doug Forbes" <> wrote in
    >
    >> you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    >> discriminmates against the poor.Comment?
    >>

    > Anubody can open a bank account and get a debit card.

    That is NOT true. Amsouth, Southtrust, and others have requirements one
    must meet to open a checking account. Colonial does not, among others.

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 18, 2005
  13. Doug Forbes

    Doug Forges Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >

    >>"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>>Comment: Look at number 2
    >>>http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller_account.html

    >>And comment number one says credit OR DEBIT (emphasis added). I've
    >>never had a checking account in 30 years that didn't include a debit
    >>card.

    > Even if it didn't accept debit cards, eBay is a large enterprise that's
    > involoved in international business, and there are some times that
    > living out of that penny jar in the bedroom just doesn't cut it.
    >
    > <waiting for OP to whine because he doesn't have a debit card, either>

    But I DON'T HAVE A PENNY JAR!

    Doug Forges, May 18, 2005
  14. Doug Forbes

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Doug Forges" <> wrote in message
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>>And comment number one says credit OR DEBIT (emphasis added). I've
    >>>never had a checking account in 30 years that didn't include a debit
    >>>card.

    >> Even if it didn't accept debit cards, eBay is a large enterprise that's
    >> involoved in international business, and there are some times that
    >> living out of that penny jar in the bedroom just doesn't cut it.
    >>
    >> <waiting for OP to whine because he doesn't have a debit card, either>

    > But I DON'T HAVE A PENNY JAR!

    Want mine? I think it has 10 or 11 cents in it ;o)

    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2005
  15. Doug Forbes

    ellis_jay Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Doug Forges" <> wrote in message
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Even if it didn't accept debit cards, eBay is a large enterprise
    >>> that's involoved in international business, and there are some
    >>> times that living out of that penny jar in the bedroom just doesn't
    >>> cut it.
    >>>
    >>> <waiting for OP to whine because he doesn't have a debit card,
    >>> either>

    >> But I DON'T HAVE A PENNY JAR!

    > Want mine? I think it has 10 or 11 cents in it ;o)

    More cents than I got...lol

    ellis_jay, May 18, 2005
  16. Doug Forbes

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "Doug Forges" <> wrote in message

    >>> But I DON'T HAVE A PENNY JAR!

    >> Want mine? I think it has 10 or 11 cents in it ;o)

    > More cents than I got...lol

    I have less now. I was on my way into town and the alternator quit on the
    car. Bummer. There goes my fun-money for the month <g>

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2005
  17. Doug Forbes

    Steve Stone Guest

    My college age son is constantly getting credit card offers in the mail.
    He goes to college, doesn't have a job and can get a credit card.

    Steve Stone, May 20, 2005
  18. Doug Forbes

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Steve Stone" <> wrote in message
    > My college age son is constantly getting credit card offers in the mail.
    > He goes to college, doesn't have a job and can get a credit card.

    Yeah - they want to get him hooked - credit is almost as addicting as drugs.
    I hardly have/use credit, and now that my car is falling apart around me,
    and I need to replace it, I can't. Bummer <g>

    Toolman Tim, May 20, 2005
  19. Doug Forbes

    P and K Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote:

    > elaich wrote:
    > > "Doug Forbes" <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> you can't sell on ebay if you don't have a credit card which
    > >> discriminmates against the poor.Comment?
    > >>

    > > Anubody can open a bank account and get a debit card.

    > That is NOT true. Amsouth, Southtrust, and others have requirements one
    > must meet to open a checking account. Colonial does not, among others.

    Anybody can open a bank account and get a debit card. Maybe not at
    all banks, but somewhere.

    --

    =======

    P K