    the same message. How can I resolve this please?

    Regards

    Hissing
    Hissing, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Hissing

    °Mike° Guest

    Try updating your browser. Going on your version of OE,
    your version of IE is almost certainly not up to date.

    February 2005, Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (867282)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-014.mspx

    July 2004, Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express (823353)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-018.mspx

    In <>,
    Hissing took 14 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Hissing

    Guest Guest

    "Hissing" <> wrote in message
    > When I click on the ads in ebay:
    >
    > http://ebay.doubleclick.net/click;h=v3|3249|0|0|%2a|z;14116601;11-0;2;8549086;7194-275|100;8962803|8980699|1;;~sscs=%3fhttp://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/1116-18590-3840-155?id=34
    >
    > I get the following error message: This page cannot be displayed.
    >
    > I have removed XP SP2 and disabled firewall and virus scanner but
    > still get
    > the same message. How can I resolve this please?

    Flush your browser's temp file cache (exit IE, use the Internet Options
    applet in Control Panel to flush the browser cache, and reload IE to try
    again).

    Maybe you are one of those that have been suckered, er, convinced in
    using a hosts file that someone else has composed of supposedly "bad"
    sites. There are several such hosts files available, one of which is
    available from the mvps.org site. Check your hosts file to see if there
    is an entry for "127.0.0.1 ebay.doubleclick.com". If so, that
    circumvents a lookup on the IP name because the IP address is locally
    defined (which points back to you but you are probably not running a web
    server to honor the HTTP request).

    If you look closely at the URL you provided here, note that there are 2
    URLs there. The first has you go through a Doubleclick server which
    then takes you to the other site specified as a parameter. So you could
    edit the URL to remove the Doubleclick portion and just enter the
    http://altfarm.mediaplex.com path portion of the URL (which is just
    another ad).

    Guest, Mar 28, 2005