    Just wondering if its REALLY worth the money for an Audigy2 for gaming
    when the card of got does everything else but hardware EAX
    (its an ENVY based card)
    S Roby, Sep 4, 2005

  2. S Roby

    XP Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:30:07 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >Is EAX still used in games, or some other generic sound thingy.
    >Just wondering if its REALLY worth the money for an Audigy2 for gaming
    >when the card of got does everything else but hardware EAX
    >(its an ENVY based card)

    Most games use EAX but there are 4 or may be 5 versions of it..

    The Audigy 2 has a EAX 4 from memory and it used in some games like Colin
    Mcrae Rally 04

    But do you have the 5.1 or 4.1 sound system to support it..
    XP, Sep 4, 2005

  3. S Roby

    S Roby Guest

    In article <>, XP <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:30:07 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >
    >>Is EAX still used in games, or some other generic sound thingy.
    >>Just wondering if its REALLY worth the money for an Audigy2 for gaming
    >>when the card of got does everything else but hardware EAX
    >>(its an ENVY based card)

    >Most games use EAX but there are 4 or may be 5 versions of it..
    >
    >The Audigy 2 has a EAX 4 from memory and it used in some games like Colin
    >Mcrae Rally 04
    >

    >But do you have the 5.1 or 4.1 sound system to support it..

    I have 2.1 sound only
    S Roby, Sep 5, 2005
  4. S Roby

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 05:42:21 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >In article <>, XP <> wrote:
    >>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:30:07 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is EAX still used in games, or some other generic sound thingy.
    >>>Just wondering if its REALLY worth the money for an Audigy2 for gaming
    >>>when the card of got does everything else but hardware EAX
    >>>(its an ENVY based card)

    >>Most games use EAX but there are 4 or may be 5 versions of it..
    >>
    >>The Audigy 2 has a EAX 4 from memory and it used in some games like Colin
    >>Mcrae Rally 04
    >>

    >>But do you have the 5.1 or 4.1 sound system to support it..
    >>

    >I have 2.1 sound only

    So its not worth getting a Audigy then..

    Mind you, you cold use head phones to get simulated surround sound.

    or get a Creative Sound Blaster Live! DE 5.1, 24-bit, PCI Sound Card, OEM

    I think I have a spare one knocking around.

    What sound card are you now using..?
    XP, Sep 5, 2005