eavesdropping?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by macarro, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. macarro

    macarro Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to access a secure website (https) from my workplace, I use
    Firefox2 running from an USB for that, the problem is that the browser
    complaints that the site certificate does not match with the site name
    and in looking at it closer I see this:

    "Common Name: localhost.localdomain
    Serial number: 00"

    And so on, is it possible the administrator of the network I am using is
    eavesdropping on my https connexions? And if that is the case, can I get
    around this?

    Needless to say that I have rejected such certificate.

    --
    mapping the internet 24/7 http://www.netdimes.org
    macarro, Dec 13, 2006