    Is this much memory usage normal?

    Mark
    , Dec 13, 2006

  2. ray Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:53:00 -0800, mleeper wrote:

    > I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
    > my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
    > seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
    > of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
    > Is this much memory usage normal?
    >
    > Mark

    I installed one on my Linux machine and it took no extra memory at all -
    also, no software to 'install' - it was already there.
    ray, Dec 13, 2006

  3. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
    > my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
    > seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
    > of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
    > Is this much memory usage normal?

    Yeah.That's why people buy gigs of ram for their comps.I run half life 2 and
    world of warcraft with 512 megs by disabling almost everything (including
    easy share and other trash) with msconfig.After all, when I need to transfer
    photos from the camera to the computer, I can double-click the easy share
    icon and then do the transfer, it's too fool proof to let it run all the
    time in the background.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Dec 13, 2006
  4. just bob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
    > my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
    > seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
    > of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
    > Is this much memory usage normal?

    Sounds like "Easy" comes at a price. :)

    Not much, really.
    just bob, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Kodak digital camera and have loaded the interface software on
    > my PC. Now when I am not using the interface the process Easyshare.exe
    > seems a permanance resident on my process table taking up 48 Megabytes
    > of memory. I have not used the interface since several re-boots ago.
    > Is this much memory usage normal?
    >
    > Mark

    Yes. Somehow Kodak has the idea that the only thing you will do with
    your computer is run their software (which isn't all that good, but it's
    free). Feel free to shut down the program from the tray icon, and
    remove it from the startup.
    It is merely wasted ram and cpu cycles when you aren't manipulating
    pictures with it.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 14, 2006
  6. Guest

    Will do. Thanks.