    something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    pictures into my computer? Thanks.
    , Aug 27, 2006

  2. Guest

    On 27 Aug 2006 13:22:55 -0700, wrote:

    >I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    >an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    >something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    >pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    You already have it. Use the supplied usb cable and download them by
    use of the windows explorer.
    , Aug 27, 2006

  3. Dave Cohen Guest

    wrote:
    > On 27 Aug 2006 13:22:55 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    >> an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    >> something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    >> pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    > You already have it. Use the supplied usb cable and download them by
    > use of the windows explorer.

    But it always helps to know what operating system we're talking about.
    When posting this type of problem, always supply adequate details.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Aug 27, 2006
  4. Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On 27 Aug 2006 13:22:55 -0700, wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    > >> an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    > >> something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    > >> pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    > > You already have it. Use the supplied usb cable and download them by
    > > use of the windows explorer.

    > But it always helps to know what operating system we're talking about.
    > When posting this type of problem, always supply adequate details.
    > Dave Cohen

    Sorry...it's XP. I have it on my computer and my bro-in-law has it on
    his too but his Easyshare isn't working. Yes I have the USB, but how
    can I do it through IE? I'm not too knowledgeable on something like
    this. Thanks for replying.
    , Aug 27, 2006
  5. Guest

    hen

    >Sorry...it's XP. I have it on my computer and my bro-in-law has it on
    >his too but his Easyshare isn't working. Yes I have the USB, but how
    >can I do it through IE? I'm not too knowledgeable on something like
    >this. Thanks for replying.

    Not Internet Explorer, windows explorer

    Windows explorer should be on your start menu under accessories.
    It is a road map of your computer. You will find your drives C:, D:,
    ect. on its left pane. You will also find your camera in its left
    pane.

    If you are unfamiliar then try to follow this:

    1. Plug your camera into the computer with the supplied usb cable.
    2. Turn your camera on.
    3. Wait for windows XP to automatically install the new hardware for
    this camera. Watch the pop ups in the lower right corner. When done it
    will say your new hardware is ready to use.
    4. Open windows explorer. (under accessories)
    5. Navigate to the proper window. Usually click the plus sign on "my
    computer"
    6. Find the Kodak drive. It will be gray in color. double click it.
    7.When you find the Kodak drive and double click it its contents will
    show in the right pane.
    8. Expand the proper folder in the right pane. (double click it)
    9 Cut or copy and paste the pictures to a location of your choice.
    Either make a new folder, or use the my pictures folder or just
    navigate to any location in the right hand pane of the explorer and
    paste them there.

    Once done make sure the pictures are present on your computer at the
    location you picked, and then click the hardware icon on the right
    side of the task bar. Follow the prompts to stop the hardware. When
    prompted you can turn the camera off and then unplug it.

    DONE.
    , Aug 28, 2006
  6. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    > an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    > something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    > pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    Hi.

    You should not need any additional software on your computer to download
    pictures from your camera.

    Connect the camera to the computer using a USB cable. Switch the camera on.
    Go to my computer and you should see a new Drive has appeared.
    That will be the camera.
    Just click through that drive and folders until you see the picture files,
    then select all of them and "Copy".
    Go to the folder where you want to put them and "Paste".

    It is considerable easier and safer to use a Card Reader, there will be no
    chance of knocking your camera off the desk, or losing pictures because the
    camera battery goes flat while transferring.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Aug 28, 2006
  7. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    > an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    > something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    > pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    Computer and OS?
    If your camera uses a flash card, you can buy a reader and plug it into
    the computer. This is usually a better solution, and faster.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 28, 2006
  8. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Dave Cohen wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> You already have it. Use the supplied usb cable and download them by
    >>> use of the windows explorer.

    >> But it always helps to know what operating system we're talking about.
    >> When posting this type of problem, always supply adequate details.
    >> Dave Cohen

    > Sorry...it's XP. I have it on my computer and my bro-in-law has it on
    > his too but his Easyshare isn't working. Yes I have the USB, but how
    > can I do it through IE? I'm not too knowledgeable on something like
    > this. Thanks for replying.

    You don't use IE, but Windows Explorer. When you plug in the camera, XP
    should see it as a disk drive. Just locate the image files, and drag
    them to your HD, and use any kind of editing program you like. Picasa 2
    seems to be a good one for the novice.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 28, 2006
  9. Dave Cohen Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    >> an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    >> something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    >> pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    > Hi.
    >
    > You should not need any additional software on your computer to download
    > pictures from your camera.
    >
    > Connect the camera to the computer using a USB cable. Switch the camera on.
    > Go to my computer and you should see a new Drive has appeared.
    > That will be the camera.
    > Just click through that drive and folders until you see the picture files,
    > then select all of them and "Copy".
    > Go to the folder where you want to put them and "Paste".
    >
    > It is considerable easier and safer to use a Card Reader, there will be no
    > chance of knocking your camera off the desk, or losing pictures because the
    > camera battery goes flat while transferring.
    >
    > Roy G

    That's not totally correct. Only some cameras will show a drive letter
    under My Computer. Canon models do not (they assign a name), however
    it's not a problem. On my machine, when I plug the usb cable in and turn
    the camera on, xp launches the camera and scanner wizard, but that may
    be the way I have it configured. Anyway, you can use the wizard to
    download, but I don't like that since the download options are limited
    (they want to create a directory or something like that).
    If you don't want to use the wizard, you can cancel. The camera will
    then be displayed in the left panel of windows explorer with a name like
    'canon powershot...'. It will not assign a drive letter and the right
    hand display will display image files BUT not the complete structure on
    the card.
    Note this only applies to some cameras, others will assign a drive
    letter and I assume the display is then same as a card reader, but since
    I don't own such a camera, can't state for sure.
    Best to use a card reader if you want to be sure to see exactly what is
    on the card including the directory structure.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Aug 28, 2006
  10. George K Guest

    This depends on how the camera is set to appear to the OS. Some cameras
    can be configured to us the "PTP" (Picture Transfer Protocol, or as a
    mass storage device, disk drive. When configured as a PTP device, the
    camera will appear as a camera or scanner device. As a mass storage
    device the camera appears a a disk drive with a system assigned drive
    letter.

    I prefer to use a card reader for transferring images for some of the
    following reasons. It does not require the camera to be on and draining
    the battery, I or someone else can continue to use the camera while
    images are being transferred, I do not need to worry about automatic
    delete after transfer being set on the camera, I can use copy and paste
    in Windows Explorer to copy the images where I want them, the card
    reader can have a faster interface than the camera.a

    George K, Aug 28, 2006
  11. Please note that in order to use the suggestions with the USB, you must
    unload Easyshare. Easyshare hijacks the downloads and doesn't allow any
    other copying.

    Richard Bornstein, Aug 29, 2006
  12. Ron Hunter Guest

    Richard Bornstein wrote:
    > Please note that in order to use the suggestions with the USB, you must
    > unload Easyshare. Easyshare hijacks the downloads and doesn't allow any
    > other copying.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >> I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    >> an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    >> something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    >> pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    Nonsense. You can use a card reader in either case and treat the Kodak
    connection software as the annoyance it is.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 29, 2006
  13. Yes, that's true. I was only referring if you want to connect directly from
    the camera or from a dock.

    Richard Bornstein, Aug 30, 2006
  14. Ron Hunter Guest

    Richard Bornstein wrote:
    > Yes, that's true. I was only referring if you want to connect directly from
    > the camera or from a dock.
    >
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard Bornstein wrote:
    >>> Please note that in order to use the suggestions with the USB, you must
    >>> unload Easyshare. Easyshare hijacks the downloads and doesn't allow any
    >>> other copying.
    >>>
    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> Nonsense. You can use a card reader in either case and treat the Kodak
    >> connection software as the annoyance it is.

    I have a dock connected, and usually use that if I have only a few
    pictures to upload, however, I generally cancel the automatic download
    and use the camera as if it were a disk drive.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 30, 2006
  15. John Turco Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm having problems loading Kodak Easyshare into my computer because of
    > an error message 1402x17x2951053040x...whatever that is. Is there
    > something I can substitute in place of Easyshare that will download
    > pictures into my computer? Thanks.

    Hello,

    What is the model of your digicam? Are you using a Kodak camera dock
    (or printer dock), with it?

    Cordially,
    John Turco <jtur@@concentric.net>
    John Turco, Aug 31, 2006