    device manager and everything seems fine. Any suggestions would be
    appreciated as at this stage I'm stumped.

    Charles

    Charles Littlefield, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Charles Littlefield

    Ben Guest

    Charles,

    It is possible that your HW (PC MotherBoard or USB Ports) is not compatible
    with Fast USB devices, even if you get no errors or conflicts in the OS.. I
    had this problem on an older Celeron 500 MB (I don't remember the
    manufacturer)...I fixed it by buying a new USB Board and plugging it into
    my motherboard PCI Slot

    Good Luck

    Ben, Dec 4, 2004