EasyShare 3 on Windows 2000 SP4

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nicolas Leclerc, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I recently reinstall windows 2000 with SP4 because I had a problem between
    DirectX 9b and my Ati All In Wonder 9000 Secam (I live in France).

    Now, I have a problem when I try to install Easyshare software (version 3
    from internet) on windows 2000 SP4. I have the following error :
    Le programme d'installation a échoué lors dela tentative d'installation d'un
    package.
    Kodak EasyShare n'a pas pu terminer cette tache (code d'erreur 12-17-1603).

    It's possible to read in installer log the following message :
    Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program
    run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support
    personnel or package vendor. Action
    QFE_2K.6AB4B1E3_9BF2_4A9B_BC64_CE23E2B44659, location:
    C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI20.tmp, command: -q -z
    === Logging stopped: 30/07/2003 10:27:34 ===

    I try to stop all programs which run on windows statup, but I always have
    the same message when I try to install easyshare software

    I sent a mail to the technical support of Kodak but I did not have an
    answer.

    Does somebody have a solution ?

    Thanks

    Nicolas Leclerc

    Nicolas Leclerc, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Nicolas Leclerc

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Nicolas,

    Kodak uses 3 error codes in EasyShare software to better diagnose the
    problem the user has experienced. This allows Kodak software support to
    better assist a customer with this problem. If you get an error code of
    12x17x1603x it indicates the EasyShare installer experienced a problem
    because EasyShare versions 3.0, 3.0.1 and 3.1 do not install on Windows 2000
    SP4.

    Actually, you can go back to Windows 2000 SP3, EasyShare will successfully
    install on that OS, Then update your OS to SP4 and EasyShare will continue
    to successfully function. Please note, if you would like to revert back to
    SP3 from SP4 in order to install Easyshare, you will need to work with your
    Computer support team regarding the procedure to revert your Service Pack.

    If you have a Kodak EasyShare version 2.x software CD, please install it and
    use it and then visit Web site in late August and look for the new EasyShare
    V3.2 software, which should install properly within your Windows 2000 SP4
    operating system. Should be released very soon.

    If you do not have an EasyShare V2.X CD please contact us at

    Consumer Digital Product Support in France
    Phone = 01-55-1740-77

    You can call them to see if they have a v 2.x version of the CD. Or,
    better, wait for the newest download.

    Talk toyou soon, let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Thanks for yours answers, you are a very professional team ! I don't regert
    to buy Kodak products !

    Nicolas Leclerc

    "Bill Jackson" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > The EasyShare 3.2 download is scheduled to go up on Tuesday next week, it
    > solves tihs problem that was introduced when Microsoft releaesd SP4 for
    > Win2K.
    >
    > The software is done, we're just tying up the web release stuff and that
    > will be done on Monday afternoon.
    >

    > Gory details follow:
    >
    > something was introduced in SP4 that "lies" to our installer about the
    > capability of the XML layers that the application uses. when the

    installer
    > asks the OS if it's there, the answer is yes when it's really not there.
    > The installer then fails.
    >
    > Rolling back to SP3 level will remove this condition if you have installed
    > SP4 in a way that you can roll back. Otherwise, we have worked around

    this
    > in the new installers released with EasyShare 3.2. The CD went gold last
    > week and is in replication, the download went gold yesterday and the web
    > interfaces will go up on Tuesday.
    >
    > And yes, you are correct that the V2.x software will not read a V3.x
    > catalog. Hopefully you can wait till tuesday and sorry for the
    > inconvenience.
    >

    > "Nicolas Leclerc" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi Ron,
    > >
    > > It's seem there are no information on Kodak website in France ... and no
    > > information about this problem in french kodak faq ...
    > >
    > > When I installed the service pack, I didn't choose the possibility of
    > > restore files ... So, I don't uninstall SP4.
    > >
    > > Before the reinstallation I saved database of Kodak easyshare v3

    (catalog
    > > directory) and I suppose that the format of database is not compatible

    > with
    > > esyshare v2 ...
    > >
    > > So if the new version of easyshare software is release very soon, I

    think

    Nicolas Leclerc, Aug 8, 2003