EasyPABX questions

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, May 31, 2006.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.

    1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
    SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
    That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
    DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
    the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
    eg.
    Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
    have tried. What should it be??

    2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
    Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
    exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.

    Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
    diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 31, 2006

  2. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
    >I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
    >
    >1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
    >SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
    >That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
    >DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
    >the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
    >eg.
    >Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
    >have tried. What should it be??
    >
    >2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
    >Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
    >exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
    >
    >Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
    >diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.

    Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
    Also the owners respond there.

    To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg

    David
    David Floyd, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:53:10 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
    >>I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
    >>
    >>1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
    >>SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
    >>That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
    >>DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
    >>the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
    >>eg.
    >>Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
    >>have tried. What should it be??
    >>
    >>2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
    >>Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
    >>exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
    >>
    >>Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
    >>diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.
    >>

    >Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
    >Also the owners respond there.
    >
    >To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg

    That is what you use for set up on your ATA but it doesn't work when
    connecting from a DID. Dial up the DID and get 'beep beep beep' - drop
    out.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Brian A

    wrote:

    >In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
    >>I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.
    >>
    >>1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
    >>SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
    >>That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
    >>DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
    >>the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
    >>eg.
    >>Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
    >>have tried. What should it be??
    >>
    >>2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
    >>Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
    >>exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.
    >>
    >>Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
    >>diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.
    >>

    >Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
    >Also the owners respond there.
    >
    >To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg
    >

    >David

    I am working on the calback - there is precious little information so
    I have had to guess. Anyway, I got it working but, as the callback is
    designed NOT to answer - hat is as I would wishit. However, not being
    able to connect, the call gets routed, unfortunately, to my VSP's
    voicemail service - I don't want an answer at all. I can't switch off
    the voicemail so I thought I would try to direct the DID to the
    exchange - It might be flawed thinking I don't know.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jun 1, 2006