    files without messing up the restore points. All those files take up a
    lot of space.

    Sharon

    sharonf, Mar 26, 2006

  2. sharonf

    Trax Guest

    sharonf <> wrote:

    |>I just discovered that in running Easycleaner on my husband's computer,
    |>(win XP Home),System Volume Information files were being removed, which
    |>means that the restore points were being removed. I then set things up
    |>so that EasyCleaner would skip those files. What I would like to know is
    |>if there is a safe way of occasionally getting rid of some of those
    |>files without messing up the restore points. All those files take up a
    |>lot of space.

    You can disable restore points and run ERUNT instead
    s'what I do.

    Takes up far less space, and if you have a real problem accessing your
    OS you can still run ERUNT (outside of the OS).

    --
    http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/walkingman.gif
    Stolen from"

    Trax, Mar 26, 2006

  3. sharonf

    fred-bloggs Guest

    sharonf <> wrote in

    > I just discovered that in running Easycleaner on my husband's
    > computer, (win XP Home),System Volume Information files were being
    > removed, which means that the restore points were being removed. I
    > then set things up so that EasyCleaner would skip those files. What I
    > would like to know is if there is a safe way of occasionally getting
    > rid of some of those files without messing up the restore points. All
    > those files take up a lot of space.

    Sharon

    You can choose how much disk space system restore uses. When that space
    is used up, older restore points are automatically deleted.

    My Computer - right click,properties - System restore tab - select the
    hard drive, then settings.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Mar 26, 2006