    software that'll do it all for me.

    Cheers
    --Chris

    Chris, Feb 21, 2009

  2. In article <-berlin.de>, Chris <> wrote:
    >Hey guys,
    >
    >is there an easy way to use an FX0 card and software as a substitute for
    >an ATA?

    No.

    You need a card with an FXS port.

    FXO ports are designed to connect to the "Office" or "Central Office",
    sometimes called just CO - An american term for telephone exchange.

    FXS ports connect to Stations - ie. Telephones.

    FXS ports can generate the required voltage (about 50 of them) that'll
    make a phone ring. FXO ports won't.

    >I've heard about Asterisk; the thing is I'm running XP, plus I don't
    >want to spend a few days getting into Asterisk if there's a piece of
    >software that'll do it all for me.

    http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

    However I've no idea how well it's supported. My suggstion would be to
    just get an ATA. It'll be much less hassle.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Feb 21, 2009