    interface?

    Thanks.!

    Soren Hansen

    Søren Hansen, Nov 7, 2003

  2. In article <3fab5c42$0$270$>,
    Søren Hansen <> wrote:
    :I have a strange VPN issue on a PIX501 (6.3.3) and was hoping your guys
    :could give me some pointers on what is wrong.

    :The problem is that the firewall creates the tunnel each time the _outside_
    :interface receives a packet. I could understand if the pix created the
    :tunnel when traffic comes to the inside interface, but why on the outside
    :interface?

    I don't think I understand ? What kind of packets are triggering the
    tunnel being built? IPSec packets from the other end? Non-IPSec
    packets that should have been protected by a tunnel but were not?
    Non-IPSec packets that should not have been protected by a tunnel
    anyhow?
    --
    Ceci, ce n'est pas une idée.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 7, 2003