    is dynamic?

    Any suggestions would be highly appreciated...

    Bjorn
    Bjorn, Oct 22, 2003

  2. In article <F2wlb.32955$>,
    Bjorn <> wrote:
    :I have set up this VPN scenario that is working fine (Pix501 in Easy VPN
    :mode):

    :pix501-->Cisco801ISDN-->Internet<--Pix506<--Terminal Server

    :But i have connected a network printer to one of the ports on the 501. How
    :can I print documents on the terminal server locally through the VPN tunnel?
    :I other words: how do I route printing jobs through the tunnel when the IP
    :is dynamic?

    - You could use the services of dyndns.org to automatically update
    a hostname entry with the appropriate IP address

    - You could use Windows XP automatic DNS updates instead

    - But what I would suggest is to not use Easy VPN mode: if you
    use the crypto map / crypto dynamic-map approach with fixed internal
    IP addresses on the 501 side and use 'nat 0 access-list' so that
    those internal IP addresses make it over to the 506, then the
    printer is going to have a fixed IP address as far as the terminal
    server is concerned. You do NOT need additional public IPs on the 501
    side to make this work [in most cases]: use RFC1918 private addressing
    internally and the IPSec tunnels will take care of the rest. You might,
    though, need a WINS server on the 501 side if you want to be able to
    have Windows systems "browse" NETBIOS resources on the 506 side.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 22, 2003