Easy tool for "whiteeye?"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jersie0, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. jersie0

    jersie0 Guest

    I've got plenty of useful tools to throw at "redeye" from flash shots.
    Heck, even the built-in tool in the wonderful Irfanview works fine.

    But in maybe a quarter of my shots in which the eyes look funny, the
    problem is not "redeye" - it's what I call "whiteeye." People's
    eyeballs blaze white or pale green. They look like they're possessed.

    All the free redeye tools I know of only treat red color. I've been
    correcting whiteeye using one of two methods:

    1. In Irfanview, do a copy and paste, replacing the white with a
    darker color. Drawbacks are that it's time consuming, and because
    AFAIK Irfanview only allows rectangular (not circular) selections, the
    results wind up looking blocky.

    2. Open up PSP and treat the whiteeye. This is easy enough to do, but
    it's just a pain having to fire up another piece of software.

    Any other known good fixes out there for whiteeye?

    jersie0, Apr 3, 2004

  2. jersie0

    Ian Stirling Guest

    jersie0 <> wrote:
    > I've got plenty of useful tools to throw at "redeye" from flash shots.
    > Heck, even the built-in tool in the wonderful Irfanview works fine.
    >
    > But in maybe a quarter of my shots in which the eyes look funny, the
    > problem is not "redeye" - it's what I call "whiteeye." People's
    > eyeballs blaze white or pale green. They look like they're possessed.

    Are they generally older people?
    Cataracts?
    (the cloudyness in the lens, rather than the huge falling cascades
    of water)

    Ian Stirling, Apr 3, 2004

  3. jersie0

    Steve Moody Guest

    In article <>, jersie0
    <> wrote:

    > But in maybe a quarter of my shots in which the eyes look funny, the
    > problem is not "redeye" - it's what I call "whiteeye." People's
    > eyeballs blaze white or pale green. They look like they're possessed.

    If the same thing is happening to the same person, send him to an eye
    doctor immediately. Or watch him go blind.

    Steve Moody, Apr 4, 2004
  4. jersie0

    Robert Guest

    In message <030420041919511479%>, Steve
    Moody <> writes
    >In article <>, jersie0
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> But in maybe a quarter of my shots in which the eyes look funny, the
    >> problem is not "redeye" - it's what I call "whiteeye." People's
    >> eyeballs blaze white or pale green. They look like they're possessed.

    > If the same thing is happening to the same person, send him to an eye
    >doctor immediately. Or watch him go blind.

    'White eye' has occurred when I have taken shots of wild animals at
    night - is there a simple way of dealing with it?
    --
    Robert

    Robert, Apr 6, 2004
  5. jersie0

    Steve Moody Guest

    In article <>, Robert <> wrote:

    > 'White eye' has occurred when I have taken shots of wild animals at
    > night - is there a simple way of dealing with it?

    Yes. Put the flash off-center.

    Steve Moody, Apr 12, 2004