Easy Photo Softwear program

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Aug 29, 2005.

  1. My daughter took some pictures last night one in particular I want to
    use and insert pictures of her Grandparents on it.

    Now, I have no clues as to how or what program to use.

    I have:
    Adobe photo deluxe business edition
    Arc soft photo printer
    Print Shop Presswriter
    Photo Plu
    Picture Publisher
    Corel Photo-Paint 9 - digital camera edition.

    Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?

    An alternative program?

    Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    learn how to use any program to do this!

    Next question:
    I use Adobe photo deluxe just for repairing old photos I have scanned.
    However often when I want to open .jpg files, instead of opening in
    Windows Picture & Fax viewer, they open in Adobe which I find a pain
    in the butt.
    Is there any magic way I can stop this happening>

    Many thanks,

    Cath
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Aug 29, 2005

  2. T'was the Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500 when I remembered
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. saying something like
    this:

    >Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >
    >An alternative program?
    >
    >Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    >learn how to use any program to do this!

    Microsoft have a Photo editing suite that was really easy to use,
    however I believe it costs money.

    If you want something a little more, well, free, try Picassa. It's by
    Google. It's free. And seems pretty easy to use -
    http://picasa.google.com/index.html
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Aug 29, 2005

  3. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    JC Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500 when I remembered
    > texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. saying something like
    > this:
    >

    >>Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >>
    >>An alternative program?
    >>
    >>Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    >>learn how to use any program to do this!

    > Microsoft have a Photo editing suite that was really easy to use,
    > however I believe it costs money.
    >
    > If you want something a little more, well, free, try Picassa. It's by
    > Google. It's free. And seems pretty easy to use -
    > http://picasa.google.com/index.html

    Or they could try PhotoFiltre
    http://photofiltre.free.fr/utilitaires/photofiltre_en.htm
    JC, Aug 29, 2005
  4. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Warwick Guest

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:

    > Next question:
    > I use Adobe photo deluxe just for repairing old photos I have scanned.
    > However often when I want to open .jpg files, instead of opening in
    > Windows Picture & Fax viewer, they open in Adobe which I find a pain
    > in the butt.
    > Is there any magic way I can stop this happening>

    In Windows Explorer, click tools from the main menu, then options.

    A tabbed notebook will appear, click the tab marked 'file types'

    There is a button marked advanced, which allows you to re bind applications
    to file types.

    Changing the association for jpg from Adobe to Microsoft picture/fax viewer
    or irfanview should be straightforward from there.
    Warwick, Aug 29, 2005
  5. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Squirrel Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:27:19 +1200, Waylon Kenning
    <> wrote:

    >T'was the Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500 when I remembered
    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. saying something like
    >this:
    >
    >>Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >>
    >>An alternative program?
    >>
    >>Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    >>learn how to use any program to do this!

    >Microsoft have a Photo editing suite that was really easy to use,
    >however I believe it costs money.
    >
    >If you want something a little more, well, free, try Picassa. It's by
    >Google. It's free. And seems pretty easy to use -
    >http://picasa.google.com/index.html

    Piccasa2 is out and the best I have used in all my years

    Squirrel
    Squirrel, Aug 29, 2005
  6. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    <> wrote:

    >T'was the Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500 when I remembered
    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. saying something like
    >this:
    >
    >>Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >>
    >>An alternative program?
    >>
    >>Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    >>learn how to use any program to do this!

    >Microsoft have a Photo editing suite that was really easy to use,
    >however I believe it costs money.
    >
    >If you want something a little more, well, free, try Picassa. It's by
    >Google. It's free. And seems pretty easy to use -
    >http://picasa.google.com/index.html

    Google has it under software i think Picassa2 that is.

    Squirrel
    Squirrel, Aug 29, 2005
  7. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:27:19 +1200, Waylon Kenning
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>T'was the Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500 when I remembered
    >>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. saying something like
    >>this:
    >>

    >>>Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >>>
    >>>An alternative program?
    >>>
    >>>Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    >>>learn how to use any program to do this!

    >>Microsoft have a Photo editing suite that was really easy to use,
    >>however I believe it costs money.
    >>
    >>If you want something a little more, well, free, try Picassa. It's by
    >>Google. It's free. And seems pretty easy to use -
    >>http://picasa.google.com/index.html

    > Piccasa2 is out and the best I have used in all my years

    That may be true, but AFAIK Picasa isn't capable of doing what the OP
    asked for. It is good for organising images and simple image
    manipulation, though.

    Irfanview is capable of pasting a selection into a selected area of an
    image, but I don't recommend trying this.

    Photofiltre is probably the best option that I'm familiar with, for what
    the OP wants to do.
    -=rjh=-, Aug 29, 2005
  8. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    -=rjh=- Guest

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:
    > My daughter took some pictures last night one in particular I want to
    > use and insert pictures of her Grandparents on it.
    >
    > Now, I have no clues as to how or what program to use.
    >
    > I have:
    > Adobe photo deluxe business edition
    > Arc soft photo printer
    > Print Shop Presswriter
    > Photo Plu
    > Picture Publisher
    > Corel Photo-Paint 9 - digital camera edition.
    >
    > Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >
    > An alternative program?
    >
    > Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    > learn how to use any program to do this!

    Maybe not, but books and magazines are available that will tell you all
    you need to know, and can save you a lot of time. Try your library?
    -=rjh=-, Aug 29, 2005
  9. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:09:06 -0500,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:

    > My daughter took some pictures last night one in particular I want to
    > use and insert pictures of her Grandparents on it.
    >
    > Now, I have no clues as to how or what program to use.
    >
    > I have:
    > Adobe photo deluxe business edition
    > Arc soft photo printer
    > Print Shop Presswriter
    > Photo Plu
    > Picture Publisher
    > Corel Photo-Paint 9 - digital camera edition.
    >
    > Which would the most suitable and *easy* to learn?
    >
    > An alternative program?
    >
    > Unfortunately there is no place locally where classes are held to
    > learn how to use any program to do this!

    Paint Shop Pro will do this for you, not sure if they have a free version,
    AND you will need to learn the program. E.g. you have no chosen a simple
    task for a beginner.

    > Next question:
    > I use Adobe photo deluxe just for repairing old photos I have scanned.
    > However often when I want to open .jpg files, instead of opening in
    > Windows Picture & Fax viewer, they open in Adobe which I find a pain
    > in the butt.
    > Is there any magic way I can stop this happening>

    Yes. Install a program called 'IrfanView' and view your pictures in it. It
    is better than fax viewer, small, and fast. Also resizes pictures, converts
    them and a handful of other small functions. Make sure you set the ;file
    associations' in it's options/prefernce menu to load your pictures.

    You will likely have to set adobe to NOT have those associations in IT'S
    preferences menu. Follow your nose.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #104052 +(6651)- [X]

    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me
    when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

    Note: All my comments are copyright 30/08/2005 12:29:59 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Aug 29, 2005