    Also, for the benefit of my career, which language is
    better - VB.NET or C#?

    Cheers

    Zabron Muyambo, Oct 26, 2004

  2. >I am an average ASP developer (VBScript). Is there any
    >channce I can easily pass the ASP.NET version?

    yes.

    >Also, for the benefit of my career, which language is
    >better - VB.NET or C#?

    neither.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Zabron Muyambo

    Eric Guest

    Zabron Muyambo wrote:

    > I am an average ASP developer (VBScript). Is there any
    > channce I can easily pass the ASP.NET version?

    It might take about 2 months of studying in your spare time to learn
    ASP.NET with the Kalani or Gunderloy training guide.

    > Also, for the benefit of my career, which language is
    > better - VB.NET or C#?

    It often depends on how many years of experience you have. Some people
    may disagree with this, but I think VB.NET is in the most demand for
    people with less than 10 years of total programming experience, but C#
    is in greater demand for people with more than 10 years of experience.

    You need to check the big job search websites and look for jobs that
    match your general experience, and jobs that are in your area.

    Eric

    Eric, Oct 26, 2004
  4. >I think VB.NET is in the most demand for
    >people with less than 10 years of total programming experience, but C#
    >is in greater demand for people with more than 10 years of experience.

    that's nonsense.

    Companies want people with business experience, not programmers. Given
    the tools around today, any fool can 'program'. Fewer people can
    analyse a business problem, produce a design and implement a solution
    for that problem.

    Also anyone who has an understanding of any object oriented
    programming language, will have no problem learning the syntax of
    another.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Zabron Muyambo

    kpg Guest

    > Fewer people can
    > analyse a business problem, produce a design and implement a solution
    > for that problem.

    I thought that WAS programming.

    kp "problem solving done here" g

    kpg, Oct 26, 2004
  6. >> Fewer people can
    >> analyse a business problem, produce a design and implement a solution
    >> for that problem.

    >I thought that WAS programming.

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Zabron Muyambo

    Joe Guest

    Ther are conceptual differences between ASP and ASP.NET.
    There are also syntax and object model differences. In
    addition, ASP.NET is built around the .NET framework. You
    are better off studying ASP.NET for a while. You will
    find it easy and enjoyable.

    C# developers get better paid if that's what you're
    thinking. As far as demand is concerned, I'm not sure.

    Joe, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Thanks Eric - really helpful hints.

    Zabron Muyambo, Oct 27, 2004