    help--or should I just burn EC 5 to CD and go back to using version
    4? :) Thanks!
    , Oct 26, 2003

  2. Frederick Guest

    The Anti-Virus program cause alot of problems for older machines, Try
    turning off Norton and then trying it. Let me know...

    Frederick, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Guest

    Frederick wrote:

    > The Anti-Virus program cause alot of problems for older machines, Try
    > turning off Norton and then trying it. Let me know...

    No luck--I turned Norton off; rebooted the machine to be sure, and
    am still getting the same message.

    C.
    **
    , Oct 26, 2003
  4. Thor Guest

    www.nero.com

    Thor, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Alan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I recently got the above installed on my PC. I'm running this
    > program on a P2 computer with a main 4 GB drive, and a secondary 4
    > GB HD. When I go to burn a CD (using the CD device as the source and
    > destination drive and putting the program temporarily on the hard
    > drive), it tells me it needs 704 MB in the temp file; however, I
    > have Norton Antivirus/program files in my temp files that the PC
    > warns me not to move because it might mess up other programs. The EC
    > direction say to type in a different destination if one doesn't want
    > to put the program on the drive, but when I try to transfer it to my
    > other 4 GB hard drive it gives me the same message. Can anyone
    > help--or should I just burn EC 5 to CD and go back to using version
    > 4? :) Thanks!

    Just a bit confused here. I normally delete all the files in the windows
    temp folder as its only a temporary folder. Once programs have setup and
    installed you can delete everything in there. If you can't change the
    directory that EC5 want to make it sounds like you found another bug. You
    should post it in alt.comp.periphs.cdr . Empty your recycle bin and then
    delete all the files in the temp folder you can restore back from the
    recycle bin after if you need too. Also why does your temp folder have a
    restriction on the size of data you want to place in it? You can leave all
    the files in the temp folder and only copy and paste what you want somewhere
    else. Although the concept of leaving the data in the temp folder is just
    that. Point the EC5 to that folder when you want to burn the specific files
    then delete it. Not causing extra defragmentation of your harddrive. You
    can't burn the files you can see in windows off to cd in respect to EC5. You
    need the data in the registry too so it will run. You must uninstall and
    reinstall whatever program version you use.
    Alan, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Just a bit confused here. I normally delete all the files in the windows
    > temp folder as its only a temporary folder. Once programs have setup and
    > installed you can delete everything in there. If you can't change the
    > directory that EC5 want to make it sounds like you found another bug. You
    > should post it in alt.comp.periphs.cdr . Empty your recycle bin and then
    > delete all the files in the temp folder you can restore back from the
    > recycle bin after if you need too.

    I tried that; no dice.

    > Also why does your temp folder have a
    > restriction on the size of data you want to place in

    How do you change the size in Win 98? Thanks!

    C.
    **
    , Oct 26, 2003