"Easy Cleaner" Program ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Running W98.

    Just installed and ran a few of the checks from the Easy Cleaner program
    that
    was mentioned in the latest Langa List newsletter.

    WOW !

    Can't believe all the "invalid stuff" it found on my PC.

    At least it feels they are invalid, along with a ton of Registry entries
    that it says don't lead anywhere, and can be safely purged.

    However, I didn't tell it to purge, or correct anything, as frankly I'm a
    bit afraid to.

    Anyone using this program for clean-up purposes ?

    Safe ?

    Caveats, etc. ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    I have used Easy Cleaner in the past on Win98 machines and never had a
    problem when I followed their suggestions and removed the items it found. I
    am not saying that there isn't any trouble with this only that I personally
    have never encountered any problems on my machine or on any of the machines
    I have run it on.

    You might want to wait for other opinions though

    - Bay0Wulf

    Bay0Wulf, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Robert11

    KeithS Guest

    "Bay0Wulf" <> wrote in message

    > You might want to wait for other opinions though

    Never had any probs on the V 2 beta (is there an updated one out yet?)
    which I've run for some months, but had several probs with the earlier
    version with WinME.
    Don't be afraid of it Bob, you can always use the 'Undo' facility to
    get back to where you were. Nver had to use it yet.

    KeithS

    KeithS, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Robert11

    Buffalo Guest

    I regularly use its registry cleaner on my Win98SE system an I never had a
    problem with it.
    Make sure it is set to create an automatic backup and know where it is
    stored and how to use it.
    I can not vouch for its other features. (Don't use the Duplicate Files
    feature unless you know what your doing.)

    Buffalo, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Robert11

    Richard Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello:

    > Running W98.

    > Just installed and ran a few of the checks from the Easy Cleaner program
    > that
    > was mentioned in the latest Langa List newsletter.

    > WOW !

    > Can't believe all the "invalid stuff" it found on my PC.

    > At least it feels they are invalid, along with a ton of Registry entries
    > that it says don't lead anywhere, and can be safely purged.

    > However, I didn't tell it to purge, or correct anything, as frankly I'm a
    > bit afraid to.

    > Anyone using this program for clean-up purposes ?

    > Safe ?

    > Caveats, etc. ?

    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    You can trust EC to be honest and accurate.
    MS regclean program has a tendancy to leave behind MS related stuff.
    EC is much more thorough.
    Go ahead and delete all of the entries it finds.
    If this is the first running, you'll note a big difference when you reboot.
    I've used it on 95/98 and ME with no problems.

    Richard, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Robert11

    °Mike° Guest

    Back up your registry before using it, and DON'T use
    the duplicate file finder.

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:33:55 -0500, in
    <>
    Robert11 scrawled: