    Are there any cameras with this capability ?

    Thanks,

    Mario
    Mario, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Mario

    Fred Ziffel Guest

    Fred Ziffel, Oct 13, 2003

  3. shameless plug....

    The Kodak EasyShare cameras do this, especialy easy if you buy the optional
    dock. Sit the camera on the dock, push the button and all of the pics in
    the camera will be copied to the computer. Optionally it'll erase the card
    when it's finished so that you're ready to go again.

    The EasyShare software can do this for other cameras as well, you can
    download it at

    http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    But, you won't get the convenience of the dock (and its charging function)

    [yes, I know that some of you don't like the dock but let's not go into that
    here. There are plenty of people who see value]

    William Jackson, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Mario

    Bert Hyman Guest

    (Mario) wrote in

    > Are there any cameras with this capability ?

    I had assumed that all cameras with USB or FireWire did this,
    assuming that the OS on your PC supports it.

    With my Canon A60 on my XP Pro system, as soon as I plug the camera's
    USB cable into the PC, I get a popup asking which software I'd like
    to use to manipulate the photos. I have the option of choosing one to
    be the default and to automatically launch it instead of being asked
    each time.

    Once the Canon software (or other app of my choice) is launched, I
    can download the pictures from the camera or do other things, again
    depending on which app I'm using.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
    Bert Hyman, Oct 13, 2003