East Tennessee Cyber Security Summit - Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by urbantux, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. urbantux

    urbantux Guest

    East Tennessee Cyber Security Summit - Call for Papers
    Tuesday October 21, 2008 - Wednesday October 22, 2008
    Knoxville, TN

    2008 is the 4th anniversary of the East Tennessee Cyber Security
    Summit and we hope to provide thought provoking presentations that
    will inspire the local security community. We would like submissions
    that will not only be entertaining, but provide information our
    attendees can use to improve their job performance and their careers.
    Some of the main areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
    * Cryptography - Protecting mobile data
    * Forensics/Malware Analysis - Reverse Engineering, Incident
    Analysis
    * Vulnerability Discovery/Exploit Creation - Fuzzing etc.
    * Application Vulnerabilities - Secure coding practices/vulnerability
    prevention
    * Control Systems/SCADA Security - Securing National Infrastructure

    Submission Guidelines:
    Proposals should be submitted in English no later than June 20, 2008.
    Presentations must be educational/informative in nature and should run
    ~45 minutes in length. Presentations must be vendor neutral; no sales
    pitches. We do not compensate speakers, however we will reimburse for
    travel and hotel expenses. To be considered by the review committee,
    please provide the following:
    1. Title of your presentation
    2. Presentation Proposal - (~200 Words).
    a. Describe the topic you will be presenting in concise
    detail.
    b. Why would your subject be of interest to the attendees?
    3. Biography - (~100 words).
    a. Written in 3rd person.
    b. Describe your professional work experience/speaking
    engagements.

    Submissions should be sent to: submissions AT etcybersummit DOT org

    Committee Review
    Submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee per the
    guidelines above, failure to submit all requested information will
    result in your submission being rejected. The selection committee
    will send out acceptance and rejection letters no later than July 18,
    2008.

    Final Submissions
    Selected presenters will be expected to provide the following by the
    dates specified in each section:
    1. Presentation Abstract (~150 Words)
    a. The abstract will be published on the website along
    with the speaker bio.
    b. Provided no later than August 1, 2008.
    2. Presentation slides
    a. A projector and laptop will be provided for displaying
    presentations.
    b. Presentations should be ~45 minutes in length.
    c. Please provide presentation slides no later than
    October 1, 2008.
    d. Changes can be accommodated; however, we do require
    presentations be submitted prior to the conference to speed
    transitions between speakers.

    Failure to Submit
    In the event that a deadline is missed we reserve the right to revoke
    any offer to present. We will also accept some offers on a provisional/
    alternate basis so that if offers to present are revoked we may fill
    the empty slot.
    urbantux, Apr 7, 2008