    business or not.

    Does anyone know for sure?
    , Dec 22, 2005

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm trying to get the LowePro Linx 320 Backpack, and the only company
    > offering it is East Coast Photo. I can't tell if this is a legit
    > business or not.
    >

    > Does anyone know for sure?

    Decent ratings compared to the scam artists, but not
    very many, and only 2 recent.

    Never dealt with them myself.

    Jerry
    , Dec 22, 2005

  3. DFS Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to get the LowePro Linx 320 Backpack, and the only company
    > offering it is East Coast Photo. I can't tell if this is a legit
    > business or not.
    >

    > Does anyone know for sure?

    Very little feedback at resellerratings, but what is there is good for the
    most part.

    Only thing that would scare me is that, according to contact info on the
    website, they are located in Brooklyn. If they are decent, legit, and based
    in Brooklyn, it would put them in a very distinct minority.

    ds
    DFS, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    , Dec 23, 2005
  5. Guest

    Yeah...and while looking deeper into the reviews...they've gotta be
    fakes.

    For example:
    xfiler100
    Order Date - May 30, 2005
    Last Seen: February 17th

    Now...something doesn't add up there...

    The rest of the reviewers are pretty suspect. Nearly all of them
    posted a single time and never again.

    What gets me is that they are rated on CNet...though, to be honest, I'm
    not sure how reliable CNet Ratings are...
    , Dec 23, 2005
  6. DFS Guest

    > <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to get the LowePro Linx 320 Backpack, and the only company
    >> offering it is East Coast Photo. I can't tell if this is a legit
    >> business or not.

    Check for reasonable shipping charges, and that they aren't charging extra
    for the strap and inserts.

    Exactly how badly could they screw you on a simple bag purchase.

    I'd be a lot less concerned about buying something like this from Brooklyn
    than a camera piled with overpriced accessories.

    Then again, if they are among the Brooklyn "elite," why give them any
    business at all? It just keeps them in business long enough to screw the
    next guy on a camera.

    NO PLACE else in the USA to buy this bag???

    DS
    DFS, Dec 23, 2005
  7. <> wrote:
    > What freaks me out is that I found them under
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
    >
    > I don't think I'm going to chance it. As much as I really really want
    > this backpack...

    Buy it with a VISA and then use VISA if they fail to live up to the
    purchase agreement. I have seen East Coast Photo around for quite a
    long time, and I can't imagine they are a bad outfit.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Dec 23, 2005