Easily Logging / Reviewing input errors from multiple routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Admin, May 11, 2006.

  1. Admin

    Admin Guest

    I have multiple routers on which I need to monitor the "increase" of
    input errors on a particular interface. For example, If I had 100 input
    errors between, 5/8 and 5/9, I want to know that I had an additional
    200 between 5/9 and 5/10. Seeing the "total" input errors does not help
    me in my situation.

    Is there an easy way to centrally monitor these input errors other than
    logging into each router, doing a show int and then pasting the input
    errors into an excel file and then running a formula to get the
    "increase" of input errors (which I am currently doing)?

    I would like this automated method to be able to capture the
    information at least a couple times per day if not every hour.

    Any assistance you can offer is appreciated,

    Thanks,
    Admin

    Admin, May 11, 2006

  2. Admin

    Merv Guest

    > I would like this automated method to be able to capture the information at least a couple times per day if not every hour.

    Poll for the data using SNMP

    check out PRTG http://www.paessler.com/prtg

    Merv, May 11, 2006

  3. Admin

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    Or if you 're willing to pay for net mon software then try with SolarWinds
    Orion Express. I used it before and it shows errors, buffer misses, etc. You
    can download trial from: http://www.solarwinds.net/Orion/Index.htm

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, May 11, 2006
  4. Sorry, I wrote this solarwinds sw name incorrectly. The correct name is
    "Orion Network Performance Monitor" actually.

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuziæ, May 11, 2006
  5. Admin

    Hans Guest

    Admin <> wrote:

    > I would like this automated method to be able to capture the
    > information at least a couple times per day if not every hour.

    Try CACTI , it's a nice (and free) tool

    Hans

    Hans, May 12, 2006
  6. Admin