    easiest way to transfer data between the two?

    Thanx in advance.

    Fjwilson
    fjwilson, Jan 9, 2004

  2. fjwilson

    Brad Guest

    You could just put a network card in the computers and run a crossover
    ethernet cable
    Or they sell usb file transfer cables. Havn't used them my self i would
    think they would be fairly fast.
    I have all my computers on a router so i just plug in my laptop whenever i
    want access to files or the internet

    Brad, Jan 9, 2004

  3. fjwilson

    Night_Seer Guest

    fjwilson wrote:
    > Recently got an IBM Thinkpad, and I transfer data between it and my
    > desktop quite a bit. It has a CD/CDRW burner, and no floppy drive(I've
    > been told that they are starting to offer flopyy drives as an option,
    > not the standard).
    > Is the standard way to transfer data between two computers by
    > writing it to a CDRW, and then placing it in the other machine? It
    > sounds simple, but if both had floppies, no problem; with CD's,
    > though, you would have to have the same program installed on both
    > computers to read it. That would mean the cost of an extra user
    > license, when all I would be using for would be simple data transfer.
    > I don't want to make this any more complicated: what is the
    > easiest way to transfer data between the two?
    >
    > Thanx in advance.
    >
    > Fjwilson

    If you use something like Nero and a cd-rw, it uses something called
    Incd. The CD-RW you burn with that then provides a sort of "reader" for
    the other machine that it can install for you, and requires no extra
    user licenses. Its sort of like installing Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
    Acrobat files. Another way to do it is to buy a cheap switch and
    network the two when you need to.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  4. fjwilson

    Trent© Guest

    On 9 Jan 2004 06:27:24 -0800, (fjwilson) wrote:

    > I don't want to make this any more complicated: what is the
    >easiest way to transfer data between the two?

    Connect a cable between the two.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Jan 10, 2004