    Craig Sutton Guest

    Looking for the easiest FREE way for backing up everythng from outlook
    express and shifting it to a new machine running vista

    Craig Sutton, Aug 4, 2009

  2. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >> Looking for the easiest FREE way for backing up everythng from outlook
    >> express and shifting it to a new machine running vista

    > In old OE File | Export meassage and addresses. In new OE, File |
    > Import the same. You'll lose your 'Rules' though. And you'll nee to set
    > up your accounts again.
    >
    > geoff

    Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    accounts etc.

    Craig Sutton, Aug 5, 2009

  3. In message <4a793df0$>, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > ... but be prepared to pay or pirate

    Funny how "pirate" is a resort that users of proprietary systems can never
    really get away from...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 5, 2009
  4. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Collector_NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>
    >> "geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In old OE File | Export meassage and addresses. In new OE, File |
    >>> Import the same. You'll lose your 'Rules' though. And you'll nee to
    >>> set up your accounts again.
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    >> accounts etc.
    >>

    > Aidmail, but be prepared to pay or pirate

    Taa will look for it..

    Craig Sutton, Aug 5, 2009
  5. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Craig Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > "Collector_NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "geoff" <> wrote in message

    >>> Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    >>> accounts etc.
    >>>

    >> Aidmail, but be prepared to pay or pirate

    > Taa will look for it..

    Who makes it???:

    Craig Sutton, Aug 5, 2009
  6. Craig Sutton

    > "Collector_NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "geoff" <> wrote in message

    >>> Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    >>> accounts etc.
    >>>

    >> Aidmail, but be prepared to pay or pirate

    > Taa will look for it..

    Ahh Aid4mail is the correct name.. no wonder I had problems looking for it.

    Craig Sutton, Aug 5, 2009
  7. Craig Sutton

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <4a793df0$>, Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >> ... but be prepared to pay or pirate

    > Funny how "pirate" is a resort that users of proprietary systems can never
    > really get away from...

    Linux users pirate content all the time if the reporting of bit torrent
    clients is correct.

    victor, Aug 5, 2009
  8. In message <h5crqr$q9v$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > Linux users pirate content all the time if the reporting of bit torrent
    > clients is correct.

    Haven't you admitted to being a Linux user yourself?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 6, 2009
  9. Craig Sutton

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-08-05, Craig Sutton <> wrote:

    > "geoff" <> wrote in message
    >> Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>> Looking for the easiest FREE way for backing up everythng from outlook
    >>> express and shifting it to a new machine running vista

    >> In old OE File | Export meassage and addresses. In new OE, File |
    >> Import the same. You'll lose your 'Rules' though. And you'll nee to set
    >> up your accounts again.
    >>
    >> geoff
    >>

    > Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    > accounts etc.

    Have you tried MS via Google. There is a realtively painless way to
    backup/transfer Outlook express accounts. Ms Windows had a good set of
    instructions on her site a we while ago. You know in the knowledge base, I
    think she calls it

    http://www.google.com/cse?cx=002683...q=Outlook Express transfer&ie=utf-8&sa=Search

    Take your pick.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670 is maybe what you want. Sure it is
    more than point and click. Many points and clicks.

    Bugger just seen Vista in the posting, might need another article.

    Gordon, Aug 6, 2009
  10. Craig Sutton

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <h5crqr$q9v$-september.org>, victor wrote:
    >
    >> Linux users pirate content all the time if the reporting of bit torrent
    >> clients is correct.

    > Haven't you admitted to being a Linux user yourself?

    I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    victor, Aug 6, 2009
  11. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-08-05, Craig Sutton <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "geoff" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In old OE File | Export meassage and addresses. In new OE, File |
    >>> Import the same. You'll lose your 'Rules' though. And you'll nee to
    >>> set
    >>> up your accounts again.
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> Looking for a program that will do it all not faffing around setting up
    >> accounts etc.
    >>

    > Have you tried MS via Google. There is a realtively painless way to
    > backup/transfer Outlook express accounts. Ms Windows had a good set of
    > instructions on her site a we while ago. You know in the knowledge base, I
    > think she calls it
    >
    > http://www.google.com/cse?cx=002683...q=Outlook Express transfer&ie=utf-8&sa=Search
    >
    > Take your pick.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670 is maybe what you want. Sure it is
    > more than point and click. Many points and clicks.
    >
    > Bugger just seen Vista in the posting, might need another article.

    easiest turned out to be backing up the address book and the acount .iaf
    file then going and copying the whole store file and copy the lot on a usb.
    Then Import them into the new "windows mail" on the vista machine

    aid4mail was useless!

    Craig Sutton, Aug 6, 2009
  12. Craig Sutton

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <h5crqr$q9v$-september.org>, victor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux users pirate content all the time if the reporting of bit
    >>> torrent clients is correct.

    >> Haven't you admitted to being a Linux user yourself?

    > I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    Exactly. Like the old joke.. "but you fu%k *ONE* goat...."

    ;-)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 8, 2009
  13. In message <h5e9nn$pc3$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In message <h5crqr$q9v$-september.org>, victor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux users pirate content all the time if the reporting of bit torrent
    >>> clients is correct.

    >> Haven't you admitted to being a Linux user yourself?

    > I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    As inadvertently admitting that you "pirate content all the time"?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2009
  14. Craig Sutton

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <h5e9nn$pc3$-september.org>, victor wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> Haven't you admitted to being a Linux user yourself?

    >> I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    > As inadvertently admitting that you "pirate content all the time"?

    According to the newspaper poll we take turns at it just like any other
    computer users.
    "All the time" is a "figure of speech"

    victor, Aug 8, 2009
  15. In message <h5jgej$ca8$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    >> As inadvertently admitting that you "pirate content all the time"?

    > According to the newspaper poll we take turns at it just like any other
    > computer users.
    > "All the time" is a "figure of speech"

    Which you were happy to use against others. But when it's pointed out to
    apply to you, suddenly you don't really mean it at all.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 8, 2009
  16. Craig Sutton

    John Guest

    On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:19:45 +1200, victor wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> I refuse to be pidgeonholed by something so trivial.

    >> As inadvertently admitting that you "pirate content all the time"?

    > According to the newspaper poll we take turns at it just like any other
    > computer users.
    > "All the time" is a "figure of speech"

    If the original poster is still interested I came upon this software
    today. Seems to fit all his requirements - Express Assist 9
    http://ajsystems.com/expressassist/ea.html

    John, Aug 9, 2009
  17. In message <>, John wrote:

    > If the original poster is still interested ...

    Why not reply to the original poster?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 9, 2009