    others.

    Which one do you suggest I take next? 70-290...70-270...?

    Thanks all!

    TechMan, Sep 30, 2007

  2. "TechMan" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have obtained the MCDST cert with top marks. I would like to continue for
    > the MCSA since the MCDST is an elective and all I need to do now are 3
    > others.
    >
    > Which one do you suggest I take next? 70-290...70-270...?
    >
    > Thanks all!

    Review the "skills being measured" on the Microsoft Learning site for
    each exam. Evaluate your experience to the list and make a determination
    on which tested technology you have the most experience with. Take that
    one first.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 30, 2007

  3. TechMan

    jkozlowski Guest

    If that is your goal the 70-270 would be pretty easy for you since its pretty
    close the msdst. But what you could do is take your 70-621 and get MCTS and
    MCITP (granted you probably should have some vista experience, since it is a
    vista exam) ;)

    jkozlowski, Oct 1, 2007
  4. TechMan

    TechMan Guest

    well actually i would like to start off with some win 2003 study.

    70-290/291...

    which you think goes 1st?

    TechMan, Oct 1, 2007
  5. TechMan

    jkozlowski Guest

    The order of the tests numbers are usually the order you should take them. So
    70-270 then 70-290 and wrap up with 70-291.

    I will warn you, I took 70-290 first then 70-270 and followed up with 70-291
    (failed it the first time I took it). I would have been smart to take them in
    order but more importantly, I would have been wise to play in a lab before
    attempting the 291. I did pass the 291 later but only after I had a network
    buddy let me play in his lab and go over many different things.

    Good luck on your tests!

    jkozlowski, Oct 1, 2007
  6. "jkozlowski" <> wrote in message

    > The order of the tests numbers are usually the order you should take them. So
    > 70-270 then 70-290 and wrap up with 70-291.
    >
    > I will warn you, I took 70-290 first then 70-270 and followed up with 70-291
    > (failed it the first time I took it). I would have been smart to take them in
    > order but more importantly, I would have been wise to play in a lab before
    > attempting the 291. I did pass the 291 later but only after I had a network
    > buddy let me play in his lab and go over many different things.
    >
    > Good luck on your tests!
    >
    > "TechMan" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > I have obtained the MCDST cert with top marks. I would like to continue for
    > > the MCSA since the MCDST is an elective and all I need to do now are 3
    > > others.
    > >
    > > Which one do you suggest I take next? 70-290...70-270...?
    > >
    > > Thanks all!

    It really does not matter what order you take them all in... If you just
    visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning, it tells you exactly what is on
    each exam. Choose the one you have the most experience with first. And
    for those who think just because they achieved their MCDST and are going
    to go in a zip thru the 70-270 exam may come out of it rather
    disappointed.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Oct 1, 2007