    user to automatically authenticate himself.

    Thanks
    Kailash
    Kailash, Jan 18, 2005

  2. The following link provides the configurattion steps with screen shots for what you want to do.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/cb21ag/icg01/winapekh.htm

    HTH,
    Gary

    --------------------
    '--'From: "Kailash" <>
    '--'Subject: EAP-GTC in Windows XP
    '--'Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:31:55 +0100
    '--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
    '--'
    '--'Hi Everyone!
    '--'
    '--'I was wondering if anyone ever implemented EAP-GTC in windows XP in a
    '--'wireless environment (802.1x)? I wanted the authentication to be done
    '--'automatically once the user enters his windows credentials but it seems that
    '--'windows forces the user to re-enter his credentials after he logs on the pc
    '--'(using previous login information).
    '--'
    '--'I understand that this is a limitation of EAP-GTC on windows (that the user
    '--'must re-enter his credentials) but I was wondering if anyone ever managed to
    '--'go around this limitation (even through some windows tweaking) and allow the
    '--'user to automatically authenticate himself.
    '--'
    '--'Thanks
    '--'Kailash
    '--'
    '--'
    '--'

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
    script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

    Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
    directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.
    Gary Fose [MSFT], Jan 18, 2005

  3. Kailash

    Kailash Guest

    Thanks Gary,

    I did implement GTC and MsCHAPv2 already; but what I wanted to do it to
    automate the authentication in GTC. With the latter, I still have to double
    click on a little popup (near the taskbar) and then enter my logon
    credentials.

    Cheers
    Kailash

    de news: h7QiumZ$...