E300 WRITE SPEED TEST

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Greetings,

    we are organising a write speed test for the Olympus E300, to see how
    the performance is with different memory cards. The camera probably
    peaks out at 5MB/s, so it should matter what card you use.

    We have done such tests in the past with the
    Olympus 5050 ( http://myolympus.org/5050/writetime/ ),
    Olympus 5060 ( http://myolympus.org/5060/writetime/ )
    and the Olympus 8080 ( http://myolympus.org/8080/writetime/ ).
    We'll post the results to http://myolympus.org, once they are ready.

    ------------
    Concerning the test procedure:

    1. Place the camera in Sequential shooting mode.
    2. Shoot four RAWs (that is until the buffer fills).
    3. Measure the time the camera takes to write the four RAWs to the
    memory card. Measure the time since you started pressing the shutter
    and when all RAWs have been written.

    Also report what memory card you use (brand, type, size, speed rating).

    Post the results here or mail them to myolympus at molon.de
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Apr 10, 2005

  2. Alfred Molon

    Mac Tabak Guest

    Had 2 E10' & 1 E20, all were very slow & the noise made me move over to
    Canon...Olympus suck when it comes to write speed!

    Mac Tabak, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <d3dav6$fd5$>, Mac Tabak says...
    > Had 2 E10' & 1 E20, all were very slow & the noise made me move over to
    > Canon...Olympus suck when it comes to write speed!

    But the E300 is fast - 9MB/s with a Sandisk Ultra III Extreme 1Gb. No
    other DLSR comes even close.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Apr 11, 2005