    aaronl at consultant dot com
    http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence
    ...Gross Ignorance: 144 times worse than ordinary ignorance.
    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Aaron Lawrence

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Aaron Lawrence" wrote
    > Am I being unreasonable?

    A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing to
    do, what was the reason for the change?
    T.N.O., Aug 26, 2003

  3. Aaron Lawrence

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bighhn$8vuri$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > "Aaron Lawrence" wrote
    > > Am I being unreasonable?

    > A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing to
    > do, what was the reason for the change?

    Not the slightest amount impractical. In apache it's a simple one line
    entry in the configuration. Or an error document handler, also simple to
    implement.
    Mainlander, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Aaron Lawrence

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mainlander" wrote
    > > A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing

    > > do, what was the reason for the change?

    > Not the slightest amount impractical. In apache it's a simple one line
    > entry in the configuration. Or an error document handler, also simple to
    > implement.

    It could be that they are re-using the domain for something else, that would
    make it impractible(well it could :)... what did they change it from and to?
    T.N.O., Aug 26, 2003
  5. Thus spake T.N.O.:
    > "Mainlander" wrote
    > > > A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing

    > > > do, what was the reason for the change?

    > > Not the slightest amount impractical. In apache it's a simple one line
    > > entry in the configuration. Or an error document handler, also simple to
    > > implement.

    > It could be that they are re-using the domain for something else, that would
    > make it impractible(well it could :)... what did they change it from and to?

    from homepages.visp.co.nz
    to homepages.e3.co.nz

    I suspect that they got a separate server for E3. But, don't see why
    they couldn't keep the old domain going with redirections. There's
    nothing there now. Grr...
    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Thus spake T.N.O.:
    > "Aaron Lawrence" wrote
    > > Am I being unreasonable?

    > A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing to
    > do, what was the reason for the change?

    I don't know yet. They sent an announcement about it but didn't explain
    why.

    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Aaron Lawrence

    art Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:12:33 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spake T.N.O.:
    >> "Aaron Lawrence" wrote
    >> > Am I being unreasonable?

    >> A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing to
    >> do, what was the reason for the change?

    >I don't know yet. They sent an announcement about it but didn't explain
    >why.

    They can basically do what they want, but the fact that you are asking
    the question shows that they should have handled it better.
    art, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Aaron Lawrence

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:09:52 +1200, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > I suspect that they got a separate server for E3. But, don't see why
    > they couldn't keep the old domain going with redirections. There's
    > nothing there now. Grr...

    Maybe you should be someplace else as well? ;-)

    --
    Gordon
    Gordon, Aug 27, 2003
  9. Aaron Lawrence

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <biglv0$9b5f6$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > "Mainlander" wrote
    > > > A redirect would have been nice... but maybe it was an impractible thing

    > > > do, what was the reason for the change?

    > > Not the slightest amount impractical. In apache it's a simple one line
    > > entry in the configuration. Or an error document handler, also simple to
    > > implement.

    > It could be that they are re-using the domain for something else, that would
    > make it impractible(well it could :)... what did they change it from and to?

    Even if the same directory was being used, they could put in an
    errordocument as a script to translate the directory paths.
    Mainlander, Aug 29, 2003