    Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?

    I've had no contact for the last 2 days.

    Barry
    Barry, Feb 8, 2005

  2. On 08 Feb 2005, Barry scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?
    >
    > I've had no contact for the last 2 days.
    >
    > Barry

    Their server is up now. Just got the latest update.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Barry

    Vanguard Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    > On 08 Feb 2005, Barry scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?
    >>
    >> I've had no contact for the last 2 days.

    > Their server is up now. Just got the latest update.

    Geez. You'd think they would provide redundancy and load-balancing by
    provide a worldwide distributed server *farm* rather than just one
    server host or single entry point boundary host.

    According to my Autodownload log, I've had updates on the following days
    for this month:

    2005-02-08 (today) at 09:59
    2005-02-07 (yesterday) at 03:35
    2005-02-04 at 03:50
    2005-02-03 at 09:50
    2005-02-02 at 02:57
    (end of log)

    I have Autodownload checking every 6 hours. So there was a 3-day gap
    (for me) but there was one yesterday morn and then again today which
    occurred as soon as I took the computer out of standby (networking is
    disabled in standby mode). I suppose it is possible that CA knew of no
    new viruses in that 3-day gap (rolls eyes).

    Vanguard, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Thanks for the replies