    When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
    continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
    this???
    olfart, Sep 30, 2003

  2. olfart

    Sharon Guest

    olfart wrote:
    > When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
    > continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
    > this???

    Although I have e-Trust set for auto update, I clicked on manual update
    after reading your post. It downloaded and installed just fine. Reboot
    your computer and try again.

    Sharon
    Sharon, Sep 30, 2003

  3. olfart

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003
  4. olfart

    olfart Guest

    "Sharon" <> wrote in message

    > olfart wrote:
    > > When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent

    and
    > > continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else

    notice
    > > this???
    > >

    > Although I have e-Trust set for auto update, I clicked on manual update
    > after reading your post. It downloaded and installed just fine. Reboot
    > your computer and try again.
    >
    > Sharon

    It finally worked OK. Was concerned something else was being sneaked into
    the download that I didn't want. Thanks
    olfart, Sep 30, 2003
  5. "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
    > continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
    > this???

    What do you expect? e-Trust sucks and only idiots use it.
    Lord Avner Williamsburr Smythe, Sep 30, 2003
  6. olfart

    Penguin Guest

    olfart wrote:
    >When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
    >continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
    >this???

    Greetings olfart;

    I use eTrust and manually select the "auto download" option from the
    Tools menu when I want to check for updates, generally once per day.

    There have been a few times over the last five months or so when it
    downloads and continues past 100%, even getting as high as 175%. Then
    when it finishes and you check for updates again it tells you that
    same update is available.

    I only run into that problem during the middle of the day when I
    assume eTrust has high usage on their servers (I'm on a dialup modem,
    btw). If I log in again at around 11:00pm PT or later the update
    loads just fine.

    Like I said, I check for updates usually once per day and that problem
    has come up on average less than once per month. Not a bad record in
    my book. Just understand that a high load on their servers may be the
    problem and just allow for it. That's my way of dealing with it :)

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris

    Penguin, Oct 1, 2003