E-P3 camera of the year?? Oh yeah, it's "Stuff" magazine

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Nov 3, 2011

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >The mag. that has to have completely unrelated pictures of bimbos on
    >every cover just so people will look at it. Looks for full-page ads
    >for the E-P3 in the Stuff issue with the award in it.
    >
    >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Troublehit_Olympus_wins_best_camera_award_news_310295.html

    'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
    Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.

    Fantastic, eh? Well, that's about right. Fantasy indeed.

    What's your camera of the year, Rich? I had the chance to handle the
    Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine. ;-)

    Bruce, Nov 3, 2011

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >Bruce <> wrote in
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>>The mag. that has to have completely unrelated pictures of bimbos on
    >>>every cover just so people will look at it. Looks for full-page ads
    >>>for the E-P3 in the Stuff issue with the award in it.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Troublehit_Olympus_wins_best_
    >>>camera_award_news_310295.html

    >> 'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
    >> Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.
    >>
    >> Fantastic, eh? Well, that's about right. Fantasy indeed.
    >>
    >> What's your camera of the year, Rich? I had the chance to handle the
    >> Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine. ;-)

    >Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
    >7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

    I agree about the delayed NEX-7. That would probably have been my
    camera of 2011. With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
    a vintage year.

    Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
    a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10. I expect that
    will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
    competition from Canon and Nikon. Outside the very successful NEX
    range, Sony has completely lost its way.

    Bruce, Nov 4, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: E-P3 camera of the year?? Oh yeah, it's "Stuff" magazine

    On Nov 4, 5:51 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > >Bruce <> wrote in

    > >> 'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
    > >> Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.

    > >> Fantastic, eh?  Well, that's about right.  Fantasy indeed.

    > >> What's your camera of the year, Rich?  I had the chance to handle the
    > >> Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine.  ;-)

    > >Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
    > >7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

    > I agree about the delayed NEX-7.  That would probably have been my
    > camera of 2011.  With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
    > a vintage year.
    >
    > Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
    > a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10.  I expect that
    > will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
    > competition from Canon and Nikon.  Outside the very successful NEX
    > range, Sony has completely lost its way.

    It may be unrealistic to expect any new companies could get into the
    aging DSLR market at this stage.

    RichA, Nov 4, 2011
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Nov 4, 5:51 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> Rich <> wrote:
    >> >Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
    >> >7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

    >> I agree about the delayed NEX-7.  That would probably have been my
    >> camera of 2011.  With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
    >> a vintage year.
    >>
    >> Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
    >> a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10.  I expect that
    >> will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
    >> competition from Canon and Nikon.  Outside the very successful NEX
    >> range, Sony has completely lost its way.

    >It may be unrealistic to expect any new companies could get into the
    >aging DSLR market at this stage.

    True, but there will be two new entrants to the mirrorless CSC market
    in 2012 - Leica and Fujifilm.

    After a few lean years, Fujifilm is enjoying quite a renaissance.

    Bruce, Nov 5, 2011