    Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from e-mule,and I
    am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am running win XP with office
    2000. I am trying to install office XP that I downloaded from e-mule.

    Rich, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Rich

    Boomer Guest

    Rich <> wrote in
    news:1bknm1stuor3r$.oset52y3pnto$:

    > Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
    > e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
    > running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
    > that I downloaded from e-mule.

    Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Rich

    sam Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Rich <> wrote in
    >
    > > Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
    > > e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
    > > running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
    > > that I downloaded from e-mule.

    > Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

    What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on sales?
    Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer by selling
    faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like buying a new car that
    constantly needs repair.
    And the music "piracy". Have'nt the record companies and artists made enough
    millions that they can't stand to lose a little. Look at the fortunes amassed by pop
    stars. Can you really say they are deserving of these huge amounts money?
    Compare their earnings to people that genuinely contribute to the wellbeing of
    society ie, doctors, nurses, scientists,emergency services etc.
    These so called "stars" and "corporations" owe the public big time.
    So who cares that they get ripped off a little. ***** THEM*
    I say get a little back at every opportunity.
    Save us from the *DO GOODERS* of this world.

    Sam.

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Rich

    trout Guest

    sam wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Rich <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
    >>> e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
    >>> running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office XP
    >>> that I downloaded from e-mule.

    >> Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation problem.

    > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
    > sales?
    > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
    > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
    > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

    <snip>

    Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    --
    "If you steal, you're a thief."

    trout, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Rich

    Budweiser Guest

    exactly what is the problem??
    you have a zip/rar/tar file and can not open?
    you dont know which file to choose for install?

    odd as it may seem those here can not see you screen so a little more info
    might help

    Budweiser, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Rich

    Boomer Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Rich <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Is anyone familiar with e-mule? I have downloaded a file from
    >> > e-mule,and I am having trouble installing it to my pc. I am
    >> > running win XP with office 2000. I am trying to install office
    >> > XP that I downloaded from e-mule.

    >> Buy MS Office and you won't have the "piracy" installation
    >> problem.

    > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out
    > on sales? Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off
    > the consumer by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that
    > buying XP is like buying a new car that constantly needs repair.
    > And the music "piracy". Have'nt the record companies and artists
    > made enough millions that they can't stand to lose a little. Look
    > at the fortunes amassed by pop stars. Can you really say they are
    > deserving of these huge amounts money? Compare their earnings to
    > people that genuinely contribute to the wellbeing of society ie,
    > doctors, nurses, scientists,emergency services etc. These so
    > called "stars" and "corporations" owe the public big time. So who
    > cares that they get ripped off a little. ***** THEM* I say get a
    > little back at every opportunity. Save us from the *DO GOODERS* of
    > this world.
    >
    > Sam.

    How sad.

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003
  7. Rich

    sam Guest

    > > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    > > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
    > > sales?
    > > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
    > > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
    > > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

    > <snip>
    >
    > Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    > nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    > --
    > "If you steal, you're a thief."

    My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
    legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
    How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
    See you there.

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Rich

    trout Guest

    sam wrote:

    >>> What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    >>> Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
    >>> sales?
    >>> Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
    >>> by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is
    >>> like buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    >> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    >> --
    >> "If you steal, you're a thief."
    >>

    > My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    > If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
    > legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
    > How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
    > See you there.

    I don't need to be tantalized with a magical afterlife to recognize
    a very basic, black and white area of right and wrong.
    If I can't afford something; I don't use it. I don't steal. I don't
    receive stolen goods.
    More to the point; I don't see any shades of grey in a simple matter
    of personal ethics.
    --
    "If this amuses you; be amused. I don't have to *convince* my concience
    that it's clear."

    trout, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Rich

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 04:27:06 GMT, sam wrote:

    >> > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    >> > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
    >> > sales?
    >> > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
    >> > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
    >> > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    >> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    >> --
    >> "If you steal, you're a thief."
    >>

    >My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    >If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
    >legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
    >How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
    >See you there.

    Boomer is a woman, not a man - not the first of your mistakes. One is that a
    justification for thievery makes thievery acceptable - it doesn't. If your
    conscience was indeed clear, you would not be attempting to justify theft; not
    your own, nor anyone else's. Simply because you do not have clear ethics does
    not mean that everyone or anyone else does not - one does not equal all.

    Yet another is posting in a newsgroup without lurking for awhile first, so that
    at least you have a clue who is who and what's what.

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    "A newsgroup is an already existing community of people into which you have just
    walked.
    Many of the people posting regularly there have been doing so for a long
    time, they will have established relationships with each other, many will be
    friends offline. It is up to you to fit in with them, not for them to adapt to
    suit you. Before you post your first message, lurk for a while. Forget any bad
    ideas you might have about the word 'lurk' - online it simply means to read
    without posting. By doing this, you will get a feel for the culture of the
    group, who the regular posters are, who is likely to be friendly, who is likely
    to be rude, what the group regards as acceptable in terms of thread drift,
    off-topic posts etc. Every newsgroup is different so get a feel for the culture
    before jumping in."

    --
    <AB> No reaming is too great or too small for Abuse Central.

    Mara, Nov 22, 2003
  10. Rich

    gangle Guest

    "trout" wrote

    > >> <snip>
    > >>
    > >> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    > >> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    > >> --
    > >> "If you steal, you're a thief."
    > >>

    > > My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    > > If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
    > > legally. Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
    > > How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
    > > See you there.

    > I don't need to be tantalized with a magical afterlife to recognize
    > a very basic, black and white area of right and wrong.
    > If I can't afford something; I don't use it. I don't steal. I don't
    > receive stolen goods.
    > More to the point; I don't see any shades of grey in a simple matter
    > of personal ethics.

    > "If this amuses you; be amused. I don't have to *convince* my concience
    > that it's clear."

    What happened to your ethics that sad night you "had your way"
    with an innocent goat?

    gangle, Nov 22, 2003
  11. Rich

    sam Guest

    > Boomer is a woman, not a man - not the first of your mistakes. One is that a
    > justification for thievery makes thievery acceptable - it doesn't. If your
    > conscience was indeed clear, you would not be attempting to justify theft; not
    > your own, nor anyone else's. Simply because you do not have clear ethics does
    > not mean that everyone or anyone else does not - one does not equal all.
    >
    > Yet another is posting in a newsgroup without lurking for awhile first, so that
    > at least you have a clue who is who and what's what.

    Forgive my mistake regarding Boomer's gender."A man of means " was just an
    expression. No disrepect or offence is aimed at anyone here. I have been lurking
    on this NG for some time, and have contributed in an albiet small way.
    As far as my "clear ethics" are concerned, I believe in the adage *Do unto others*
    In other words, if you are being shafted.Shaft back.
    MS seems to have been built on this principle.

    Sam

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  12. On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:14:04 GMT, "sam" <>
    wrote:
    >What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    >Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on sales?
    >Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer by selling
    >faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like buying a new car that
    >constantly needs repair.

    If Microsoft's so fucking bad, why do you want to run their software
    so fucking bad? Get a life! If you refuse to use any Microsoft
    product, they'll get the hint and change the way they develop their
    software. Otherwise, your wanting to pirate their software is saying
    "I worship the ground you walk on Microsoft, I just can't afford your
    services. Its worth stealing for and risking going to jail, because
    your software is even better than sex!" If that's not how you feel,
    then show it by not wanting to pirate their crap so badly....
    Personally, I like Corel it's far superior to anything Microsoft can
    dream up.

    John H. Guillory, Nov 22, 2003
  13. Rich

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:36 GMT, "sam" <>
    scribbled:

    >I believe in the adage *Do unto others*

    So you won't get upset if someone steals your car?
    After all, they're just doing unto you, thief, as you're
    doing unto others.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 22, 2003
  14. Rich

    sam Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:36 GMT, "sam" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >I believe in the adage *Do unto others*

    > So you won't get upset if someone steals your car?
    > After all, they're just doing unto you, thief, as you're
    > doing unto others.

    Yes I would get upset if someone stole my car.
    I would like to steal their car to show them how it feels.

    After all, you are just doing unto others, goose, as they are

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  15. Rich

    sam Guest

    "John H. Guillory" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:14:04 GMT, "sam" <>
    > wrote:
    > >What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    > >Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on sales?
    > >Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer by selling
    > >faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like buying a new car that
    > >constantly needs repair.

    > If Microsoft's so fucking bad, why do you want to run their software
    > so fucking bad? Get a life! If you refuse to use any Microsoft
    > product, they'll get the hint and change the way they develop their
    > software. Otherwise, your wanting to pirate their software is saying
    > "I worship the ground you walk on Microsoft, I just can't afford your
    > services. Its worth stealing for and risking going to jail, because
    > your software is even better than sex!" If that's not how you feel,
    > then show it by not wanting to pirate their crap so badly....
    > Personally, I like Corel it's far superior to anything Microsoft can
    > dream up.

    I don't pirate anyones software.
    You do make a good point though.

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Rich

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:55:43 GMT, "sam" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:36 GMT, "sam" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >I believe in the adage *Do unto others*

    >> So you won't get upset if someone steals your car?
    >> After all, they're just doing unto you, thief, as you're
    >> doing unto others.

    >Yes I would get upset if someone stole my car.

    And yet you still try and justify your thieving ways, how odd.

    >I would like to steal their car to show them how it feels.

    So what is it that Microsoft has stolen DIRECTLY from you
    that you think you have some moral right to steal from them?

    >After all, you are just doing unto others, goose, as they are
    >> doing unto you.

    Aww, how cute, a pitiful name lame from a thief.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 22, 2003
  17. Rich

    sam Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:55:43 GMT, "sam" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:36 GMT, "sam" <>
    > >> scribbled:

    > >> So you won't get upset if someone steals your car?
    > >> After all, they're just doing unto you, thief, as you're
    > >> doing unto others.

    > >Yes I would get upset if someone stole my car.

    > And yet you still try and justify your thieving ways, how odd.
    >
    > >I would like to steal their car to show them how it feels.

    > So what is it that Microsoft has stolen DIRECTLY from you
    > that you think you have some moral right to steal from them?
    >
    > >After all, you are just doing unto others, goose, as they are
    > >> doing unto you.

    > Aww, how cute, a pitiful name lame from a thief.

    You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.
    *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    You are the pitful name caller.Get your facts right.
    "Hawk" yeah right. Goose more like it

    sam, Nov 22, 2003
  18. Rich

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:36 GMT, sam wrote:

    >> Boomer is a woman, not a man - not the first of your mistakes. One is that a
    >> justification for thievery makes thievery acceptable - it doesn't. If your
    >> conscience was indeed clear, you would not be attempting to justify theft; not
    >> your own, nor anyone else's. Simply because you do not have clear ethics does
    >> not mean that everyone or anyone else does not - one does not equal all.
    >>
    >> Yet another is posting in a newsgroup without lurking for awhile first, so that
    >> at least you have a clue who is who and what's what.

    >Forgive my mistake regarding Boomer's gender."A man of means " was just an
    >expression. No disrepect or offence is aimed at anyone here. I have been lurking
    >on this NG for some time, and have contributed in an albiet small way.
    >As far as my "clear ethics" are concerned, I believe in the adage *Do unto others*
    >In other words, if you are being shafted.Shaft back.
    >MS seems to have been built on this principle.

    Your logic is faulty. Abuse + abuse = abuse, and nothing else. In other words,
    if someone "abuses" you, and you abuse them back, the only thing you have
    accomplished is that _you_ are now an abuser, when you might not have been
    before.

    "You become the thing you despise. There is nothing admirable about that."

    <snip>

    --
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and tell life to make its own
    damned lemonade. --Unknown

    Mara, Nov 22, 2003
  19. Rich

    IC Guest

    sam wrote:

    >I believe in the adage *Do
    > unto others*

    That is *not* the adage. It is: "Do unto others *as you would have others
    do unto you*".

    IC, Nov 22, 2003
  20. It was on Sat, 22 Nov 2003 04:27:06 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that sam wrote:

    >> > What's with all the" piracy"complaints.
    >> > Do you love MS so much that you can't stand to see them miss out on
    >> > sales?
    >> > Lord knows that they need the money. Don't they rip off the consumer
    >> > by selling faulty software? Would'nt you agree that buying XP is like
    >> > buying a new car that constantly needs repair.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Try to justify it any way you want. A thief is a thief. It says
    >> nothing about who you steal from; it says something about *you*.
    >> --
    >> "If you steal, you're a thief."
    >>

    > My consience is clear. *I* have never stolen anything in my life.
    > If you were given a working copy of XP you would toss it and buy it
    > legally.

    Yes I would, & I'd go get another OS. In fact I stopped using M$
    stuff at 98SE, as I didn't like the way they were going. I got another OS
    which is cheaper, & that you don't have to keep patching, running
    antivirus checkers..etc, etc, & lets *me* configure it the way
    *I* want it.

    >Yeah sure. A man of means to be sure.Scruples as well.
    > How honourable and honest. You will surely go to heaven.
    > See you there.

    Doubt it, there's no such place.

    --
    Linux User #: 305646.