    Why cant the other half access her e mail from the web mail on NTLWORLD, on
    her profile. I can access mine ok, on my profile, but hers wont work on her
    profile. Using xp pro?

    John Davis, Dec 17, 2003

  2. John Davis

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John Davis said:

    > Why cant the other half access her e mail from the web mail on NTLWORLD, on
    > her profile. I can access mine ok, on my profile, but hers wont work on her
    > profile. Using xp pro?

    Try asking NTL.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 17, 2003

  3. > Why cant the other half access her e mail from the web mail on NTLWORLD, on
    > her profile. I can access mine ok, on my profile, but hers wont work on her
    > profile.

    Have you asked your ISP if the second account is activated?

    > Using xp pro?

    No, I'm using Unix.

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 18, 2003
  4. John Davis

    John Davis Guest

    Yes, it is active. She was using it on the pc when we had windows 98, now we
    upgraded to xp pro, it wont work on her profile, but works fine on mine.

    John Davis, Dec 18, 2003
  5. > Yes, it is active. She was using it on the pc when we had windows 98, now we
    > upgraded to xp pro, it wont work on her profile, but works fine on mine.

    Which browser are you using to access the account? Are there error
    messages displayed?

    Alexander Rogge, Dec 18, 2003
  6. John Davis

    M Mullen Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:51:35 -0000, "John Davis" <> wrote:

    |> Why cant the other half access her e mail from the web mail on NTLWORLD, on
    |> her profile. I can access mine ok, on my profile, but hers wont work on her
    |> profile. Using xp pro?

    Syntax... go back to your config's and check for spelling.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Dec 18, 2003
  7. John Davis

    John Davis Guest

    Using IE6, it just freezes when she tries to log on to retrieve her e mail.
    Can she use outlook express? I use it on my profile for my mail, can she use
    her details on her profile?

    John Davis, Dec 18, 2003
  8. > Using IE6, it just freezes when she tries to log on to retrieve her e mail.

    That sounds like a Microsoft problem, not a problem with the network or
    the mail server. Does this crashing happen when trying to access other
    Web sites? Have you tried using a standards-compliant browser like Mozilla?

    > Can she use outlook express? I use it on my profile for my mail, can she use
    > her details on her profile?

    You should be able to access a standard POP or IMAP server with the
    correct login information, but avoid using Microsoft Outlook.

    http://lugod.org/microsoft/?filter=outlook

    Check out Mozilla and Eudora:

    http://www.mozilla.org/
    http://www.eudora.com/