    activate it. We have put in news.ntlworld.com as the nttp news server but we
    still can't send or recieve mail.

    Any Clues
    Sue Whicker, Oct 26, 2003

    http://www.ntlworld.com/help/generalHelp/settings.html
    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Sue Whicker

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Sue Whicker said:

    > Can you please help. We have set up an e-mail account but can't seem to
    > activate it. We have put in news.ntlworld.com as the nttp news server but we
    > still can't send or recieve mail.
    >
    > Any Clues

    The news server has nothing to do with your e-mail account.
    Check the help section at www.ntlworld.com
    Ralph Mann, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Ralph Mann wrote:

    > Sue Whicker said:

    >> Can you please help. We have set up an e-mail account but can't seem to
    >> activate it. We have put in news.ntlworld.com as the nttp news server but we
    >> still can't send or recieve mail.

    >> Any Clues

    > The news server has nothing to do with your e-mail account.
    > Check the help section at www.ntlworld.com

    I wonder if *anyone* at ntlworld is able to connect on their own.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Sue Whicker

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Blinky the Shark said:

    > Ralph Mann wrote:
    >
    >> Sue Whicker said:

    >>> Can you please help. We have set up an e-mail account but can't seem to
    >>> activate it. We have put in news.ntlworld.com as the nttp news server but we
    >>> still can't send or recieve mail.

    >>> Any Clues

    >> The news server has nothing to do with your e-mail account.
    >> Check the help section at www.ntlworld.com

    > I wonder if *anyone* at ntlworld is able to connect on their own.

    I can/did/do.
    Ralph Mann, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Ralph Mann wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark said:

    >> Ralph Mann wrote:

    >>> The news server has nothing to do with your e-mail account.
    >>> Check the help section at www.ntlworld.com

    >> I wonder if *anyone* at ntlworld is able to connect on their own.

    > I can/did/do.

    That's 1...

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 27, 2003